I'm going to start a non-profit: Advice?

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I'm going to start a non-profit organization here in California. The mission will be to provide free art classes to children in schools,to people in rehab and to any other groups that can benefit through learning to access their creative talents. All things creative including art, gardening, video, writing, photography, dance, music, etc.. Any creative process that will help people in their daily lives - both as therapy and to learn job skills.

Does anyone have any advice on forming a non-profit? Any advice relating to the arts/therapy/job skills process?

I'm really excited about this. I'm going to start by giving free art classes at a local school to the kids. Most of them are low income and don't have much access to the arts. As things get rolling I'll bring other people on board that have skills related to the creative classes/seminars/groups we will be teaching and leading.

This idea has been in my head for about 15 years now and it's just starting to come together.Yippee!!

2. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

I would like to start a foundation one day.

The general difference being that a foundation raises and controls funds, and then distributes them to other charities or not-for-profits.

But I can't help, sorry, wrong country!