jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Saying thank you

1. The Farmers Wife profile image59
    The Farmers Wifeposted 5 years ago

I’ve been here for just 5 weeks and already I feel appreciated. Possibly, like many of you, I have tried other portals and sites on which to write. I’ve perused, assessed, read content, read rules and eventually joined but these have fallen by the wayside as none have ever held my attention like hubpages.

In my personal opinion, I think the difference between hubpages and the rest is you get what you put in. I’ve read plenty of quality articles on these pages and they are rated accordingly and It's easy to tell the ‘serious’ writers apart by their hub content and quantity. There are a myriad of subjects and you can find practially anything on a search.

I have the opportunity to aid the ratings by voting up or down and communicate with other hubbers who float my boat. The system is clear and precise, the layout is attractive and the navigation around the site has been designed for ease of use.

All of this and the opportunity to one day maybe make some money by signing up with affiliates.

The week before last I noticed one of my articles had made a nomination for a hubnugget. You could have knocked me down with a feather! I was overjoyed, because I know hubpages promote quality articles and no matter what any of us say, as wannabe writers, we wannabe good ones!

So I am here saying thank you. Thank you for the site, thank you for the opportunity and thank you for the email that said:

‘Congratulations! With 22 percent of the vote, your Hub was selected by the HubPages community as a winner! Excited? We are!’

Now I only hope I can live up to their expectations!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...congrats!...good for you!  big_smile

2. iamalegend profile image73
      iamalegendposted 5 years ago in reply to this

congrats smile

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

I'm certain you will FW.  HP is a great site and full of great and helpful people. Congrats on your win and welcome aboard.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

congrats, FW. Your hubs are wonderful!

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Congrats FW... I know exactly how you feel... Way back when... I was a Newbie.. I too Won a HubNugget Award that blew me away smile

What the HubNuggets do is awesome for new writers and the selectors and staff who have made it so awesome all deserve to be taken out for dinner at a 5 Star Restaurant (but don't do what another previous winner did - left without paying the bill and left the girls to do the dishes!) - Have you organized your celebration yet? hmm

You Enjoy the Benefits smile

5. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

I was a woman who came from cold big_smile  and it was so warm in here - I decided to stay. HP is a nice place to be.