jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Lots of bad links that arent bad?

1. Hubman007 profile image61
    Hubman007posted 5 years ago

I logged in today to see lots of my hubs have the bad link sign next to them, but all the links are fine on what i have checked.

This has just been over night, i had zero before and now about 30 hubs say they have bad links?

Shall I just leave it? is this a bug?

1. Julie2 profile image77
      Julie2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This has happened to me for the past week on 6 hubs. Weird.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I get more than just a few "false positives" I email admin about it so they can take a look.

Sometimes it's due to the checker on our end, sometimes it's a communication lag they can't do anything about.

3. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The broken link checker simply observes the http status code that the URL returns when we test it.  If it's 400 (bad request), 404 (not found), 500 (internal server error) we consider the link to be broken.

It looks like many of your broken links were amazon links.  Most likely they had some technical issues that caused those particular urls to return 404 for a time.  You can go through and retest them on broken links page yourself, or just wait.  They should clear up on there own over the next few days (we try and test every broken in a published hub every 7 days).

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I've had the occasional link here or there that was mis-marked as bad. But your situation sounds like a lot of them -- unless they're all to the same domain and it's gone down. Why don't you drop a note to team@hubpages.com.

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Yes.  I have had two so far today.  No doubt the mark is being applied too hastily.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Still hanging in at 100 I see... smile

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It will be 96 in the morning. I have tangled with far too many Christians this weekend - they will be voting me down en masse. 

I know HP says that would carry little weight, but it seems to me that when I zing 'em, they get even.  Could be coincidental, of course.

1. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do hubbers really do that? If so, it's shameful!

1. Pcunix profile image90
            Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's in a good cause smile

4. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

I noticed one that popped up just a minute ago from YouTube.
    When I clicked the link it's working fine.