jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Reads on unpublished hubs..?

1. StarCreate profile image84
    StarCreateposted 5 years ago

Hi All,

First question here, only been around a couple of days, please be gentle with me ;-)

I was writing a hub, then came back to edit it before publishing, only to find from my Account page that it has 3 views already!  How is that possible - it's not published yet.  What am I missing here?  Sorry if it's something dead obvious, only, like I said I'm the new kid in town!

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is dead obvious - it's your own views wink

2. jpwriter profile image79
      jpwriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had the same thing happen and though *&&%$$^&*(  !

But, then I realized it was probably me.

If you set up Google Analytics you should block it from counting your views so that you get a better idea of your views.  HP stats are pretty cool and I like that feature, but using Google Analytics will totally improve your earnings, improve keyword use, SEO, and your knowledge about how people find your articles, etc.

Although if you're totally new that might be over your head, but it's okay cause there's plenty of time to learn.

3. suncat profile image59
      suncatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the best thing to do is not to keep any unpublished hubs on hubpages to avoid extra confusion with the views, scores, etc.

If possible just keep working on your hub in separate place like your own computer or another draft place online and store it there untill it's ready to be published or at least shortly before that.

It really helps with keeping it all organized better.

2. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Oh NO...... You have feral typos on your site! yikes
    Be careful not to stir them up when you click - edit... or they will enter another read on your stats via your own clicks! big_smile

Welcome to madness... I'm sure you will enjoy achieving your goals! But it might pay you to carry a pepper shaker with you if you are editing unpublished hubs... just in case Salt (another hubber) turns up and sneaks a peek before you've finished working on your new works! The same thing used to happen to me smile

3. StarCreate profile image84
    StarCreateposted 5 years ago

Hehe... thanks both for your input, I think I get it. 

I think I am going to like it here (condiments at the ready  :-))