jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Views on unpublished hubs?

1. MemphisYankee profile image61
    MemphisYankeeposted 6 years ago

I've got a few hubs in the works that are unpublished, but somehow they are getting page views.  I'm sure they aren't published (some of them are just titles to develop for later) and they show up in red on the "my accounts" page.  I'm perplexed.  Anyone else had this happen?

1. homesteadbound profile image91
      homesteadboundposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The same thing happens to me. I think this occurs when you click on them to open and edit or view.
      I do the same thing too - start one with only a title or a picture.
      It amuses / amazes me when I have one with only a title and a video and it gets a score of 57 when I create it, but one with 800 words only gets a 46 when I start it. It would be interesting to see how that can happen.

2. anasshad profile image77
      anasshadposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hehehe! They really confuse us big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

They are your views. Every time you go to the page or edit the hub, then it counts as a view. smile

No one can see an unpublished hub except for Staff. And, they don't go to your hubs unless there's a problem. smile

1. MemphisYankee profile image61
      MemphisYankeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Cagsil! At least now I don't have to worry about anyone peeking at half-baked hubs!  smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

3. rajan jolly profile image93
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Yes it has happened with me too > I guess Cagsil has explained it well.

4. Maralexa profile image88
    Maralexaposted 6 years ago

Hi Memphis Yankee.  What you are seeing are your own page views.  Every time you bring up your hub to edit and add things, that's a view.  It happened to me too, and many others.

Don't worry.  By the time you publish your hub your score should be a little higher than usual.

5. vexez profile image62
    vexezposted 6 years ago

I believe it's reflecting your own views.

6. poeticmentor profile image77
    poeticmentorposted 6 years ago

so glad you asked this I was starting to worry about views on my unpublished hub. I wonder does it hurt our score by editing a little each day. thanks to all who answered this was my next question. blessings and happy hubbing!

It doesn't hurt your hub to edit it daily while it's unpublished. wink

7. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

You may find that by not publishing the hub straight away the hubscore will rise before you publish it, if not do n't blame me roll, it works for me most times. smile

8. poeticmentor profile image77
    poeticmentorposted 6 years ago

peace 2uesday,  yes i noticed this trend, not sure what it means but as long as it's rising.
    @Cagsil thanks that makes me feel better. wink 1

You're welcome. smile

9. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Thank you. My highest score (at present) for an unpublished/never published hub is 70, sadly it is not one that will see the light of day yet, so it may drop again.

Closed to reply

working