jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does being self-conscious prevent you for writting more?

1. spookyfox profile image80
    spookyfoxposted 5 years ago

I don't write as much as I'd like to, and I'm very self-conscious of what I write, and it takes me a long time to come up with a subject for a hub, develop it, let it rest for a while and edit it a few times, until I publish it.

On the other hand I see hubbers that have spent less time than me here and have written much more. I read some of their hubs and (not critizicing) I personally wouldn't publish something like that.

Perhaps I'm wrong and too shy to write anything, but does anyone else have the same problem?

2. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

I also see hubbers who publish frequently and below the level of standard that I would permit for myself. However there are also hubbers who are more productive than me and I still admire the quality of their work.

Quality should never be compromised so I would never follow the strategy of some to publish as much as you can during your awake hours.

3. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

Being self-conscious could be a hinderance.  i write about everything.  Don't really worry about its reception but I do make sure its quality work even if it ain't my favorite.

4. chigoiyke profile image60
    chigoiykeposted 5 years ago

yeah, being self conscious automatically leads to limitations. The truth is when you write whatever you feel like writing, you might have so many enemies but the people that love you will do so dearly so think about the options. Talking about trash writing, most people who write here do so for the dollar so never be so serious about looking for organic articles here. No disrespect though. Just my 2cents