jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Hubpage -87% Visibily Loss in Search Results

1. nanospeck profile image73
    nanospeckposted 5 years ago

I apologize for being the bearer of bad tidings. We're hit! Search Engine Land says the Googles new farmer update have cause some significant reduction in the hubpage visibility. The statistics from sistix are out:

http://searchengineland.com/who-lost-in … ange-66173

I believe that top quality contents on HP will rank back in a matter of few days. They must have reset the ranking of every article to zero and left it to be crunched by the new algorithm and be reranked. Over time 'quality articles' even from Hubpages should surface. Let's just consider all the existing articles as newly published by us and wait to regain traffic for the quality ones.

1. bgamall profile image85
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are the last to know. smile

Keep an eye on this going forward: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/hubpages.com#

1. nanospeck profile image73
        nanospeckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

im sorry i haven't come around the forum for quite some time yikes tongue

1. Will Apse profile image91
          Will Apseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Valuable contribution whatever time, nanospeck. Thanks for that.

2. shai77 profile image80
    shai77posted 5 years ago

I have almost 50% less traffic than before.
    Quite Hard times :-)

1. albc profile image60
      albcposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i thought i was alone, what i got is only 1/3 of December traffic

3. Csjun89 profile image76
    Csjun89posted 5 years ago

I've not been hit that hard in terms of people coming by
    But I've seen a drop in other aspects!

1. bgamall profile image85
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, that is very kryptic. smile Could you explain?

4. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 5 years ago

I’ll have to confirm and concur with the findings of the OP. Up until last week I had multiple hubs returning as the Number One or Page One responses to a varied search strings on particular topics, checking this morning the best I could find was a page three.

A Page One return would show up if I forced the issue by using the exact title phrase in the search string, however even these returns have dropped from the Number One return to a lower Page One return.

Hubs that mention specific places lost ranking in favor of listing sites that convey nothing more than contact info or address mapping and nothing else, sometimes pages of them before an article appears.

working