jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Hub Pages 40%

1. Ritsos profile image66
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

I know that hubpages display google ads to their advantage 40% of the time which is fair enough but I'm interested in when they do this.

For 2 days running, my adsense page impressions have been 1 or 0 overnight in the UK. They aren't huge during waking hours but are around 50 (only been here a few days).  This makes me wonder if hubpages aren't using the 40% chunk during the busier times .. I suspect when the USA is awake.

Any idea if this is how they do it or alternatively why my impressions don't seem to register overnight?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A couple of months ago I believe lrhoner was querying this. It might be good to try and track down her forum post through the search option.

Remember though - Hubpages is on a rolling 24 hours and Adsense is on a standard 24 hours.

Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thnaks .. will trawl a little later (out for an hour or so) .. but can you explain what you mean by your last bit please - thanks

2. Ritsos profile image66
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

Couldn't find the previous post so any advice would be appreciated - thanks

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your impressions are rotated in and out at random.

The hubpages' reporting system is a rolling 24 hour period. Every hour - I think - the last hour's impressions are added and the hour from 24 hours previously is dropped.

Adsense is a corrected 24 hour period that starts and stops at a set time of the day.

There can be discrepancies between the two because of where the adsense script is loaded - i.e. - you may get a page impression, but the user does not stay long enough to get the adsense script loaded.

The most accurate is analytics as far as exact traffic goes. The more traffic you get - the less discrepancies you will see. One or two missed page loads seem a lot when you are not getting any traffic.

Patience. big_smile

Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks .... I presumed this would be how it was done. It's just interesting that if I open my adsense page, I can refresh for several hours with no impressions at all, then it starts to register and continues to do so until around midnight UK time when it stops until late morning ....

Anyway .. have now set up analytics so will keep an eye on that too .. and write more hubs :-) ... Think I've got one to do which should score well as most of mine are relatively obscure things so far .. will be interesting to see.