jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

I Googled Google Algorithm destroying writers and found...

1. bgamall profile image85
    bgamallposted 5 years ago

This is sad. I googled "google algorithm destroying writers" and this was the second link: http://knol.google.com/k/knol-top-autho … nd-badges#

1. Aficionada profile image92
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kind of sad that a site where people can write in French as well as English don't know the difference between "Viola!" and "Voila!"  Very sad.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

eHow?

bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, it probably came up because the words, Google writers were contained in the phrase. But it kind of sucks.

Maybe we all should link to http://google.com smile

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Apparently Google Blogger is a casualty of the algorithm change!

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was just in another forum where someone I know just had her Blogger blog deleted by Google. It was her professional writing site! Maybe Blogger is also trying to weed out the cr*p?

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I send NOIs to Blogger/Google regularly about people who have plagiarized my Hubs and they have gotten very quick about taking down pages or closing whole accounts, so I'd say yes, they are working to stop bad web practices in their own backyard.

2. ThomasE profile image81
        ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well... it's not just cr*p blogs that get deleted on blogger... a lot of the time, people automatically scrape blogs, and then put malicious code in... and the only way blogger can cope is to delete all the scraped blogs and the original one.,..

Meaning you can have a great blog, that is taken down because some low life has stolen your work.

And best of all... once it is taken down, it sometime takes weeks to get them to put it back up again... by which time your SERPs positions are trashed.

Not a confidence boost to be sure. Like when Mish's globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot was taken down for a time. PR 7. lol.

working