jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Working on it...

1. 61
    ShortStoryposted 5 years ago

Since a number of people have taken to (hilariously) pointing out that I don't have any hubs yet whenever they disagree with my opinion on some unrelated matter, I thought I'd reassure all that I'm working on some.

I signed up here way back, then got busy with work and kind of forgot about it. Recently I've been enjoying some not-always-rational exchanges on the forums. This is usually when I have 4 or 5 other windows open on the comp and really should be doing something else.

In any case, I am working on a few - can you guess? - yes, short stories, that will no doubt disappoint after such a long wait. As soon as they are posted I'll accept all the eager criticism that no doubt awaits.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Unlike commercial, how to or guide writing, creative writing is a tricky area to critique. It's often written from a personal view point, meaning that the author has reasons for the way they worded it.

Also, creative writing is unlikely to earn you any money online, so you won't be able to get any SEO or Keyword advice, usually.

However there is a budding group of literary writers on the site who I'm sure would love to read your work.

Good luck!

1. 61
      ShortStoryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No interest in earning a penny from it.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure you'll do well then. smile

1. 61
          ShortStoryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Personally, from what I've seen so far, I find it distastefully crass and desperate the way some people surround their original work (whether fiction, how-to, or discourses on whacky personal philosophies) with piontless hubs that are essentially just photos of celebrities. Might as well stand outside the bus station and lift their skirt for a nickle (metaphorically speaking).

But I'm new here and haven't posted anything yet, so who am I to say?