jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone know what's happened to shetoldme? Gone missing?

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

I keep getting "can't connect" messages in Chrome. It looks like the site has disappeared, and other than a tweet someone left, there seems to be no news anywhere.

1. recommend1 profile image68
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just tried and got a DNS error - which I think means that the site is there but not currently online.  I would be patient, most of these site owners are busy fixing stuff - I can't get Hubpages most days - the early hours of hte morning your time.

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've never seen this before with shetoldme.

Here's that post I found via twitter:

http://webupon.com/social-bookmarking/s … ficulties/

2. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

I'd give it a week to 10 days before writing it off.

3. Rudra profile image63
    Rudraposted 5 years ago

May I add that this site is actually a scam. It will delete your account anytime and adsense impressions are not 100% as claimed. There is more than what meets the eye with this site. If I am not being promotion, here are my experiences
    <snipped link>

4. I Am Rosa profile image88
    I Am Rosaposted 5 years ago

I just received a reply from SheToldMe.com stating they've re-opened their registration and are now charging a membership fee to anyone wanting to actually post on their site.  I've posted a hub on it and included the original email for anyone that wants more detail.

1. sabrebIade profile image85
      sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, I signed into She Told Me this morning and got this....
      "With your current Basic Membership you are only allowed to post comments and vote on scoops."
      So now you have to pay to post links there.
      Final nail in said coffin?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I haven't been there in a while...I will definitely not be paying for it so I doubt I'll be back. Sorry to anyone who signed up under my referral...

6. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

Hmm - $5 a month to a site that earns me less than $1 a year - I think not!!!

Hope that best-reviewer doesn't go the same way - it's a sister site of shetoldme and I do earn a few dollars a month and get some traffic from there!

working