jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Grin And Bear It

1. Froggy213 profile image37
    Froggy213posted 5 years ago

I have watched post after post in this forum of hubbers getting upset over needing to revise or delete hubs; I WILL NOT whine or cry!

I, in the last month, have had to "fix" many and delete some too.
    Just yesterday I received an email saying my list of world series of poker winners was unpublished. At first I was angry, but then I thought, "Why wouldn't Hub Pages have our best interest at heart?" If we make money, they make money.

As a "old-timer" of Hub Pages, I ask all of you to please "Grin and bear it" In the over all scheme of things, it will be better!

When flagging hubs, please read the whole thing and absolutely make sure you are flagging for proper reasons.

Let's put Quality material out there!

Let's have the best writer's site on the web!

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

here, here froggy, seem to remember wrylit saying "just get on with it" a couple weeks ago

2. ChikkenPotPie profile image60
    ChikkenPotPieposted 5 years ago

All fine and dandy froggy...but hubpages IS getting content for free.  FREE.  The least they can do is be grateful.  Sure they set the webpage up for writers to get exposure, but eventually much of that process can become automated. They always get 40% of the dough off of writers backs, always.  That said, I know I'll get hit with the 'if you don't like it go someplace else' comments, so I'll say that hubpages is useful for one reason: getting exposure.  Is that worth 40% of the cut?  I'm not so sure. It's the only reason I'm here, anyways.  I guess it's a tradeoff.  But it just makes me angry, is all, when I see the 'no duplicate content' rule that didn't used to be there, and innocent hubs (including my own) being taken down.  Hubpages gets our free content building their site, because most writers (including myself) are desparate enough to take such a deal.  If you want to make your own rules, etc, go make your own site, and I'm sure I'll get an earful of that comment, too.  I just think hubpages is overreacting to the panda/farmer update, and I KNOW they're pissing a lot of hubbers off.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Well overreaction or jittery may be the word.. I can understand HP unpublishing hubs for worthwhile reasons... my hub on reducing stress with humor has been unpublished .... a hub that hit G traffic the second day of posting is now languishing for a few days for a want of response from admin....To my knowledge there is no violation of any sort..
    Jitters is what I call it.. sad
    Moderators please use discretion before unpublishing is al I ask of you ... I hate cribbing but I need to make my voice heard smile