April Contest 2011

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. John MacNab profile image77
    John MacNabposted 13 years ago

The rules for the 'you think you can write' contest state that the tag 'WritingContest' must be included.
    Does this mean included at or near the title - or does it mean it has to be placed where the normal tags are placed, where it says 'please add at least 2 tags?'

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Put it in the tags -- not in the body of the article.

John MacNabposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Irohner.  I hadn't thought about the words as being in the body of the article.  Again, many thanks - but now I have no excuse for my prognostication.

2. mathair profile image61
    mathairposted 13 years ago

I was wondering the same thing but i didn't like to ask!! Sorry but i still dont get it - How do you tag it without putting it in the body of the article? Do you just simply state at the bottom of your Hub "This is a piece for the April writing contest" so that it will be picked up in a tag? O am I a way way off (Go easy on the new Hubber please ;0

1. mathair profile image61
      mathairposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh , sorry - i have a toddler hanging out of my arm!!! So sorry Irohner I read your post wron the first time - i see now that you do put it in the body of the article!! Ignore my last post.

2. John MacNab profile image77

Mathair:  The way I see it is this:- When you open the page to 'start a new hub,' after you enter the title and etc, there is a part that asks you to 'Please add at least 2 tags.'  What I'm going to do is make the first and only tag ..WritingContest...
      You never know, it might just work.  Good luck with your entry.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No add it to your normal tags, and you can add it after you have written the hub.
        Your tags are important - make sure you add tags relating the the subject matter of your hub.
        The contest is not starting until 12 noon on the 31st March, Eastern Time, so remember to check your local time and add or subtract the hours.
        Hubs published before the start time are not counted towards the contest, so don't go adding tags to existing hubs as some people have done. It won't work.
        There is usually an official contest thread that will help keep you right.

3. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

'i have a toddler hanging out of my arm'

Is that treatable?

Only by time.

4. mathair profile image61
    mathairposted 13 years ago

very funny guys! i'm also supposed to be studying! And it looks like my spelling has taken a turn for the worst too! Well good luck to everyone - Should be some fun anyway!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

You don't put it in the body of the article, you put it in the tags.

6. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Was just wondering.

I intended joining the April hub challenge to boost the number of my hubs. I've found it allows me improve on my hub writing.

I also want to take part in the April writing contest, just for the fun of it, but can't make up my mind which to do.

Is it possible to do the 2 at the same time with tags of 'hubchallenge' and 'writingcontest' added to each hub i write? I'm sure other hubbers may want to know the answer to this as well.

Still wondering. What do you guys think?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Just add them both.

1. viryabo profile image95
        viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you IzzyM smile

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I should also add that all the tag does does is put your hub into the contest feed -

http://hubpages.com/tag/writingcontest/latest

All those hubs already in the feed already will NOT be counted towards the contest as the date of publication is paramount.

8. John MacNab profile image77
    John MacNabposted 13 years ago

Thank you for all the replies guys.  That would be Irohner, Mathair, Will Apse, Uninvited Writer, IzzyM and viryabo.  I am delighted and overwhelmed at receiving so many replies so soon. Extra thanks to IzzyM for the in-depth information. 

Yours Aye,  John MacNab

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)