jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

HP ad program & adsense

1. snakebaby profile image72
    snakebabyposted 5 years ago

my adsense has not earned one cent since HP ad kicked in, although I believe it alone performed better than adsense by itself. Can someone explain how HP ad works?

1. sarovai profile image63
      sarovaiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am not there. smile

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

My HP AdSense earnings have been very close to zero since HP ads kicked in, but the HP earnings have more than made up for it -- so far.

Not sure exactly what you're asking, though.

3. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 5 years ago

Here's an explanation on the HP blog http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/03/ad-layout-changes/

1. snakebaby profile image72
      snakebabyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks, Susana, it helped smile

4. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

My pageviews have come down to 50% and adsense at the lowest ever.

5. spiralgirl profile image60
    spiralgirlposted 5 years ago

Can you please help me get started with the website along with the googleadsense please?

1. Dame Scribe profile image60
      Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Use the search at the top right smile enter your question and a list of helpful hubs or forums will appear. Welcome to HP

6. shogan profile image88
    shoganposted 5 years ago

This has probably been answered a million times (which is why I don't want to start a new thread), but how can HPAds report a number of impressions for a given day that is sooo much lower than the number of views for hubs?  Even adding in the Adsense impressions, the numbers don't gel.

To be clear, I know that HP splits impressions with us, but the numbers still don't seem close to right.

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wondered about that too, Shogan. Hoped someone would put a reply up that might shed some light on this mystery.

1. shogan profile image88
        shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I looked back at the numbers again.  We split impressions with HP 60/40, right?  The numbers don't add up, if I'm understanding this correctly.  I'm missing many impressions.  This has been the case for many days now.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image60
      Mrvoodooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Geographic location of visitors perhaps.  These 'premium' advertisers probably only pay to show their ads to visitors from the States, UK, etc.

And then there's adsense.  If that displays instead of the HP ad program.  You'll obviously rack up adsense impressions per visitor, instead of HP ad impressions.

Or so I would guess.

3. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HPads are placed on a hub when the expected return is better than Adsense.  There is no set number that will be on a page; it can be 0.  With 0 HPads I have assumed there would be no impression recorded.

I have also never been sure if the Earnings section that reports HPads earnings reports ad impressions or page impressions.  As it is always low, I would assume page impressions (it is possible to get 5 HPads on one page) but don't know that for sure.