jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Nofollow on forums

1. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I just noticed we now have all the links to profiles nofollowed on forums. I wonder if this was done intentionally? The funny thing is - Squidoo recently nofollowed fan links, and rankings plummeted. Of course I can't say if it was because of nofollow, but timing is suspiciously close. Will watch closely how my HP rankings will behave smile

1. ProCW profile image83
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Misha, I think it's only in the newest "Extreme Hub Makeover" section that uses nofollow. I just checked the source on your post in here and it doesn't use no follow with the link to your profile.

1. oxymoron profile image59
        oxymoronposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good, if you're correct smile

2. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL I bet you are right! I just noticed this, and it did not cross my mind to check other forums. Well, I don't care then smile

2. viralprospector profile image60
      viralprospectorposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is a good question. We have never seen a single link on our sites from Hubpages. Many sites use a nofollow that is invisible to users. Has anyone else actually seen links on Google, MSN or Yahoo reports for your site(s) from Hubpages links?

If so, what is the rules for follow links here because mine don't follow? Can you show me where the rules are?

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

If you use Firefox or Flock you can install a plugin that will show you nofollow links. Otherwise you have to check the source code.

3. Mark Bennett profile image60
    Mark Bennettposted 8 years ago

And in a couple of places, too - sometimes the individual links look OK, but elsewhere in the source code the entire PAGE has been tagged "nofollow".

Much easier to use Firefox and a plug-in.