jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

May you stay forever young

1. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

Bob Dylan's 70th Birthday.

Originally posted by hubber tony0724

2. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

wow, i didn't know it was his birthday today.  Thanks for letting us know seanorjohn.  Although I can't say I'm a fan of his, I do wish him a happy birthday, and admire the impact that he's had on the music industry.

1. seanorjohn profile image80
      seanorjohnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Steven when I first got to love his music many of my friends weren't fans of his. He was my guilty pleasure. When I got drunk I would always let the cat out of the bag and sing one of his songs at the top of my voice. For a laugh I have just posted in the religious forums " may you grow up to be righteous" It's a line from his song " forever young"

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

70? wow...time flies when yor havin' fun...luv most of his music... still spin an album or 2 of his..

4. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

He was a part of his time and without the understanding of living in them he can be hard work - most of the references and metaphors would be empty.  For anyone who lived in those nationally violent times he encapsulates aspects from when people knew what was right and wrong and were not afraid to speak out about them.  The current dumbed down people, politically and spritually, would find him too 'deep' and obscure.

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Gosh. That would make me really sad, if Dylan's lyrics were unintelligible to people today.
      Some yes. Some, I think, are universal and timeless.

You ARE gonna have to serve somebody.
      It may be the devil, or it may be the Lord....

Yup. Still good! smile

Happy 70th, BD.