jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I wish....

1. 0
    Charlinexposted 5 years ago

Some of my hubs get updated on a regular basis, such as my hubs about the current local weather or progress of my container garden plants, etc. I wish HP will send out a notice to the community when it happens.

I really don't care who is following whom. Can we be exempted from such notices?

1. Ari Lamstein profile image79
      Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Charlinex,

You might consider using our new "Follow Hub" feature for this. 

For example, in the Hub you might mention that this Hub is updated frequently, and to ask users to click the "Follow" button on the Comment Capsule if they would like to be notified of updates.  Then you can leave a comment on the Hub when you update it indicating what the Update is.  Users who are following the Hub will then get an email about your comment.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is a good idea. I also have one that has a section which is updated weekly. Thanks for the tip.

2. 0
        Charlinexposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ari, can we not receive the notice about who is following whom? It is annoying when someone starts to follow a lot of people, and I am forced to look at it. Thanks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Charlinex, I think the reason HP doesn't do this is they don't want to encourage blogging-type behaviour.  If there was an updating notification, we'd get even more people treating a Hub like their blog and constantly posting new material on the end, instead of starting a new Hub.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I believe there is a way to add it back into the recent news feed when you make updates.

1. 0
      Charlinexposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How? I would like to know. Thanks.

3. 0
    Charlinexposted 5 years ago

That's a great idea. Thanks.