jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

The Amazon Associates Program: How Does It Work?

1. FosterG profile image60
    FosterGposted 5 years ago

How does Amazon Associates work? Do I need to copy the HTML codes of certain links onto my page? If so, How and where do I do this? In the Hub capsules or somewhere else?
    Any help with people who already are knowledgeable about this would be much appreciated...

Thank You,
    Geoffrey Foster

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

There is a specific Amazon capsule that you add to your hubs. After you put your Amazon associate ID into your affiliate settings all you have to do is add the capsule and edit that.

3. pedrn44 profile image85
    pedrn44posted 5 years ago

I also had a question about the Amazon capsule. When I click on a product link it seems I cannot add HTML code to the capsule. I have copy and pasted the text link in there and the product shows up on my hub but it does not look the same as it would with the HTML. Also, am I certain my ID is buried in that text link? Maybe a stupid question but where do I find the ISBN or ASIN? Sorry I may have gotten the exact letters wrong. They say you can put that in the product capsule...if you know it. I'm not sure where to find that info. Thanks for any help:)

4. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 5 years ago

Here's the Learning Center entry on how to use the Amazon Capsule. 

Here's the Learning Center entry on how to sign up with the Amazon Associates Program. 

The HubPages Learning Center has a lot of great tips; it's always a great place to start when you have a question!  wink

Pedrn44, you will know that your Amazon ID is being used if you go to your My Account > Earnings page and see that you have an affiliate code submitted.  If you haven't submitted your Affiliate Code, the link above gives you step by step instructions.   The ASIN number is under the Product Details section when looking at the Amazon product you would like to use.

1. pedrn44 profile image85
      pedrn44posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks, Robin. I will check that out.