jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

1. 60
    reidlosfodogposted 5 years ago

I created two hub pages because I thought the first name I had chosen was too complicated. However I soon discovered that I ha violated HubPages rules because I published the same article on each page. Yes, I am guilty of plagarizing myself. I have tried to explain, correct, and molify the incident on both pages. I have emailed the moderator hoping for some sort of guidance. So far all the emails I get say my explanation is duplicate, substandard, and personal, please fix it. I have deleted one site and am about to delete the other one. I guess I better read the forum rules before I post this one. I just want to write and not get caught in some sort of Catch-22. By the way Catch-22 was a term coined by Joseph Heller in the novel of the same name, (I want to make sure I do not steal someone's artistic property.)

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just had a look at your Hub.  I can see why you're being told it violates HP rules, and it has nothing to do with being duplicated.

First, it's too personal.  HubPages is not a blogging site, nor a place to write your memoirs.  It's a place to write long articles on subjects of interest to other people. 

Second, the grammar and layout are poor.  You have no paragraphs.  I know this kind of writing is seen as acceptable in stream-of-consciousness creative writing but it looks bad on the screen.

1. 60
        reidlosfodogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My post called "Freckled Kid" was published just fine. I wouldn't mind you reading that and let me know why that one complied.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It may just be that it hasn't been noticed yet by a human moderator!

2. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

You should be able to read more information on the guidelines either at the help button at the top of the page (which is really FAQ) and at the bottom of the page at the learning centre.

Wishing you good luck with your writing here.