jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Is manual backlinking feasible these days?

1. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

I was wondering if manual backlinking is still feasible these days. With all the development and discussion of automatic backlinking software, does manual backlinking still have a chance?

If not, what guidelines should one adhere to without becoming a spammy and shady backlinker? For example, at most 25 new links to a new hub per day (or so)?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think using automated software may well be against HP TOS. I suppose it depends on how it is used. To me, by far the easiest way to obtain backlinks is to join a forum (that allows dofollow links) around your topic or keywords, and insert a link into your profile and become active in the forum. That's fine if you only have one hub or site. It becomes a bit difficult when you have several you want to promote. When you find yourself active in about 20 forums you have no spare time to write new articles, but you should be helping the ones you have.

1. simeonvisser profile image88
        simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know that, I'd have to look that up. At least some members are known to use automated software.

Thanks, that's good advice; I was focusing on blog comments these days but forums are good as well.

I know and I only have 80 hubs at the moment. You have 475+ hubs so how are you promoting them? Are you just letting them be? I'm thinking about adding some manual backlinks for a month to see if that's making any difference.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know and I only have 80 hubs at the moment. You have 475+ hubs so how are you promoting them? Are you just letting them be? I'm thinking about adding some manual backlinks for a month to see if that's making any difference.

I'm not. I'm useless at backlinking. I have feeds set up so new hubs added to the feeds get a boost, but to be honest I am scared now to add the feeds to new hubs because they might get pulled under this stupid new tag rule that only allows proper words.

In the past I have manually backlinked a huge number of my hubs. I did it directly after publication - wrote a short blurb about each and posted them to the usual sites - shetoldme, redgage, etc, - added them to a feed that had already been promoted and that was it.

That worked for giving the hubs a boost and getting them indexed quickly. Sometimes the backlinks stuck and sometimes they didn't. Some of those hubs have gone on to be successful but many have fallen into obscurity.

I'm concentrating my efforts more on my blogs and sites now and it is paying off. Yesterday my blogs earned me more than all 400+ odds of my hubs. And only 9 of them get any traffic at all. And they are not backlinked much, only optimized from the start as I outlined in a recent hub.

2. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

Thanks, my plan is also to start blogs / websites of my own instead of focusing on the hubs. Either way it's useful to learn how to go about backlinking content. Time to read your hub on optimizing a blog smile

working