jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Can you tell Hubpages to leave a Capsule alone?

1. TIC Publishing profile image61
    TIC Publishingposted 5 years ago

When I split an article up into more than one hub, I like to put a sort of table of contents as the first text hub at the top of the article so that Readers can easily navigate around the article.

My problem is that if the text capsule is a certain size (about 4 lines or more, though I'm sure the precise number differs according to the reader's screen resolution), Hubpages throws an ad block on the right-hand side of my Table of Contents, squeezing it down to half size and making it very ugly and unclear.

Now, I know I can turn off, or lower the number of advertisements on my Hub, but I don't really care to do so.  Is there a way to keep a capsule ad-free without affecting the number of ads on your hub?

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
      theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can write a long enough introduction in the first text capsule that the ad would have room to appear in there. Then, open a new text capsule and put your table of contents in that one. Just a thought....

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

If you want to stop the Google Ad Block from appearing, then limit the amount of spacing and text you use in the first capsule. Otherwise, it will automatically trigger the Ad Block.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cagsil is right.