jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Missing Views That Were Already Registered

1. Bud Gallant profile image86
    Bud Gallantposted 5 years ago

I've been noticing something odd, which I haven't seen happening before.  Every day for the last 3 or 4 days, my view counts have been behaving rather oddly...  I see traffic decreasing for the day, when it was previously higher during that same day.

I see no logical reason why my view counts would be dropping like this.  Has anyone else noticed this issue or does anyone have an explanation?

Note: I'm not referring to views from a previous day not being there today, I'm saying that views that were on my hubs just a few hours ago are now gone.  I'm losing like 30% of my traffic a day to this phenomenon.

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Views are on a rolling basis counting the last 24 hours as the total.  This is why the total varies during the 24 hour period.  Watch the total views of the hub or hubs if you want a true count.

1. Bud Gallant profile image86
        Bud Gallantposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, ok.  Got it.
        That makes sense.  I hadn't noticed this before so was wondering if something was wrong.  I guess I was just paying closer attention to the views than usual.  I wasn't aware it worked like that.  For some reason I assumed it followed a different structure, but that does seem to be logical.

Thanks for the explanation.

2. Cameron D. Briggs profile image59
      Cameron D. Briggsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol

1. Cameron D. Briggs profile image59

What is the Hub Karma then for? And how is it that a hub is rated before it is published and then gains in its Hub Karma score as time passes?  What is happening to the Hub?  What are happening to the views.  Why would Bud be asking about missing views if views can not dissapear?  He did not ask a dumb question but one that you Randy did not report a similar experience. So how do you (lol) how do you know these things>?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Obviously you did not understand Randy's answer.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need to read the answer more carefully. The views do not disappear. If you have other questions, start a new thread.

3. Randy Godwin profile image91
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I learned these things from other Hubbers and didn't consider it a dumb question at all.  And I am not surprised at your having a former account here.  But I sincerely doubt you learned anything the first time around if your latest posts are any indication. roll

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Hub Karma does not exist anymore.

So...who were you before you created a new account?

1. Cameron D. Briggs profile image59

Or more importantly what did you do with a previous account if you had one?  And hub karma does exsist they just changed the name rabbit!

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I see.  You're a troll.

working