jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

is it possible to earn a living on hubpages?

1. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 5 years ago

I have a couple dozen hubs up, and I make cigarett money, so it is at least worth my time.

Is it worth it to attempt to make REAL money, enough to pay some of your bills every month at least?

1. Uzdawi profile image38
      Uzdawiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Possible - yes, at least it was for some. Smart - no.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends on how much money you are talking about.  I made close to $500 here last month on 2 affiliates and don't spend any time backlinking to other sites.  I really don't publish as often as I should either.  So it depends on both the writer and subject, I suppose.  smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
        Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It also depends on the cost of living wherever you are. wink

2. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 5 years ago

Ok, I should have phrased the question, "Is it possible to make beer money, as well as cigarette money, on Hubpages"

smile

tongue

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Beer money, yes.

I used to pay my rent with my HubPages earnings (not including salary, of course).  Unfortunately, now I Hub less (and therefore earn less), and I have a mortgage. wink

2. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol

3. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

Generally, no. However, there are some exceptions for hardcore SEO and affiliate marketers. But they don't derive their whole living here. They are very diversified with many self-owned/operated web sites.

4. jean2011 profile image81
    jean2011posted 5 years ago

I am new to writing hub, but it seems like some hubbers are making a reasonable amount of money each month. I guess our day will come one of these months.

working