HP Ads Higher Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Is anyone else experiencing much higher earnings, regardless of a traffic boost? I don't know if higher paying advertisers are coming to HubPages or what, but my CPM is through the roof!

As someone said in a previous thread, ad programs have been delaying a lot. Perhaps this is because HP is working with new advertisers? Or maybe a coincidence.

1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image78
      JEDIJESSICUHposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My HP ad CPM has been higher than usual, so I'm making more from my impressions. I know a couple days ago my CPM was updated to almost ten dollars and within a few hours it was decreased by a third. So while I'm enjoying this little boost in CPM, I'm wondering if maybe it isn't going to somehow blow up in our faces.

1. David 470 profile image81
        David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was thinking the same thing - about it not lasting, but I don't know.

My CPM has gone down from it's peak, but is still about 25-33% higher than normal which is still good.

I wonder how many other hubbers are noticing a rise?

1. andyoz profile image86
          andyozposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am, one day it was up 120% on average, then the day after it was only up 20%, yesterday it was up around 40% on average.  Seems to be all over the place at the moment but definately much higher CPM that what I'm used to, certainly good news.

2. Sally's Trove profile image78
        Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yup, right there with you. It's nice while it's lasting.

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes to both, plus a good traffic week last week. HP earnings yesterday were highest so far, and Sunday is usually slow for me.

3. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My CPM is way up the last several days along with traffic.

2. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I noticed that advertisements look different than they used to. Could this be the reason why our CPMs are higher than they were originally? The ads look like they can be seen better by viewers or something.

3. tamron profile image66
    tamronposted 12 years ago

The past week I haven't earned hardly nothing on any of my adsense revenue sites including hubpages.  Now my HP ads have skyrocketed.  My traffic is the same.  I don't get it!

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

perhaps the HP ads earning is distributive ... sometimes the CPM and the traffic are inversely proportional to maintain a reasonable earnings so even though there is fluctuations in views earnings are almost the same or it increases

5. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

The increase in earnings have been driven by the custom adsense and the additional ad zone on Hubs.  The decrease in your adsense account from HubPages happened because HubPages is paying out as part of the HP Ads program one spot that was previously paid out by AdSense.  Our estimate across HubPages (it does vary by author) that when we replaced the 250X250 with custom JS that it's about 10% better than the previous spot.

Here is the thread launching the new ad layout
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/84621

1. Sally's Trove profile image78

So when are you going to bring AdSense into the HP Ad program along with eBay and Amazon? Mind you, I don't think it's a bad idea. Just that HP ought to be more up front about it. After all, HP is earning money because we are generating dollars in your direction. So, what's the scoop?

2. Bendo13 profile image77
      Bendo13posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can you show a picture of which ads will go directly to our AdSense account now and tell us why we'd see our impressions drop so drastically?

Shouldn't this change of ads still give us that 60/40 split or aren't you going to show the ad that goes directly to us as often?

3. Bendo13 profile image77

Ahh... nevermind now I see it.

You give us a very poor performing ad placement and take over the one ad that many people modified how they set up their hubs to take advantage of.

A bit shady but if the earnings increase overall I guess that's good.... problem is no one has fixed the traffic problem, as many people (including myself) are still being drug through the sandbox for no reason.

If I had the traffic I deserved and earned over the past 4 years then I'd be all "yippy skippy"-ing like the rest... but when you're getting only 10% of the traffic you use to, you become quite a skeptic.

With you on this part, Bendo...not at all yippy skippy.

1. Bendo13 profile image77

Yeah and I just saw why it won't be a true 60/40 - that bottom ad only shows up if your hub is long enough.

So some hubs will only be HP Ads...

Here's a question though... since we probably don't get paid any extra if the HP Ads get clicked, then why should we continue to structure our hubs so that square ad is right up top on the right?

All you can do to ensure you still get a little AdSense cash is write long hubs.  I wouldn't be surprised if people started putting eBay and Amazon capsules right where that top square use to be.

Good point, and I think another or two have addressed it in diff threads (can't tax my head about what those threads are right now). Why design our Hubs for max ad space when that works to HP's (opaque) advantage and not ours?

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you for the link. In addition to the new ad layout, there is another G update October 13 which may or may not explain the decrease and increase of views towards the weekend

5. 2besure profile image80
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So does that mean that people who are not using the HP ad program are being penalized?

6. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I have had a steady increase in traffic the last 3 weeks, with both adsense and hubpages earnings increasing.

No idea how long it will last.

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I am big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)