jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Click here pictures above the voting bar - now an addvert space!

1. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

I was a having a look at the usual postings on the forums about being banned and such like and noticed one post http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85760

Some nice chap from the Philippines (where I am currently) who has been banned by addsense and the letter says his account is "likely to encourage unwanted clicks" or something like that (can't be bothered to go back and check)..

I decided to have a look as this sounds a bit off and noticed he had one of these pictures at the bottom of each hub above the voting buttons and comments asking people to click below to vote - he clearly states the green button -

HOWEVER - there is now an ADD block there and his picture points at it saying click here!!!!

I know many other hubbers have used this technique to get votes and comments..

Could google see this as a problem??????????

2. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 5 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85740#post1839363

It is never a bad idea to be paranoid - when it comes to protecting your adsense account.

LeanManposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glad to see I am not the only one spotting this - the trouble is I know that there are many hubbers that use this technique to try to get votes - they are all possibly going to run foul of this!

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes the ad position change is a new thing. It would have been nice if Hubstaff had considered the fact that a lot of hubbers put this "click to vote" type thing at the bottom of their hubs and issued warnings at the time of changing the ad position.

I'm just so glad I never put that in. At least I don't think I ever did. 500 hubs to look through to check? It would have been 500 hubs to edit if I'd even thought of the risk it posed, which I didn't think of until today when I see we sadly have   a hubber run foul of it and lose his account.

3. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I stopped paying attention to any scoring/ranking/voting system used on this site a long time ago, because I have found it has nil effect on earnings. It would have never ever crossed my mind to ask people to vote for a hub, because them doing so would not bring any tangible benefit.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From what I have learned is that the more votes you get the high your hubscore gets. Having a higher  hubscore will get you noticed and get more views, you can't deny that.

LeanManposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But now having a picture with a big arrow pointing at your adsense adds instead of the voting bar saying click here could lose you your adsense account......

Maybe someone from HP could confirm or otherwise, but i'm pretty sure it would be considered a big no-no..

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is risky and would send up red flags...Google would get suspicious.

2. WriteAngled profile image90
        WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed almost no correlation between number of views registering for a hub over the past 24 hours and the score allocated to that hub.

My best performing hub rarely leaves the bottom half of my hub score range.

People coming in from search engines land on the hub that has turned up in their search results. They probably are not even aware of hub scores.

Search engine traffic forms 95% or more of all my views, so the vast majority of my audience is unlikely to be affected by hub score.

Ergo, hub score is irrelevant and has no impact on my earnings or on my views.

1. leahlefler profile image97
          leahleflerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree. My highest scoring hubs get few views, and my lower scoring hubs have more traffic - the actual hubscore has no relevance to earnings.

2. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Vote up or "useful" "funny" is pointless, but highlighting and encouraging the facebook/twitter/s bookmark shares could have been beneficial.

4. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I agree with LeanMan and the others. If I had any of these click-it arrows, I'd be off killing them all instead of passing the time here.

I hope people regularly PSA bump this thread. It could save fellow hubbers a lot of grief.

5. paradigmsearch profile image88

PSA bump

6. paradigmsearch profile image88

PSA bump.

working