I was banned from Google. Don't know what to do with my hubs.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (36 posts)
  1. cheerfulnuts profile image60
    cheerfulnutsposted 12 years ago

Hi Hubbers. A month ago, I received an email from Google Adsense. My account has been disable because it "poses a risk of generating invalid activity". I sent my appeal to Google after a couple of days. About a week ago, they emailed back and told me my they've rejected my appeal.
    Now that I don't have an Adsense account, I can no longer earn with HubPages Ad Program. I don't have hubs about product/movie reviews, so I think I don't have much chance with Amazon either. I've signed up on Squidoo and have only published one lens there. I don't know what to do with my hubs. Should I transfer them to my Squidoo account? Some of my hubs have made it on Google's first page after all these months. If I moved them somewhere else, it's like starting all over again. I have also got a lot of comments from fellow Hubbers on my hubs. Perhaps I'm being overly sentimental, but removing my hubs would also delete all the comments that I've got. I'm confused. What do you guys think is the best thing to do? Is it worth transferring all my hubs to another site?

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry to hear this, really.

If I were you I would be tempted to move them to blogger - set up as many blogs as you want, keep them topic orientated - and you can put chitika ads on them.

Before you unpublish here, check carefully for plagiarism first, else someone else may win the right to keep your articles that they copied from here.

If they are not copied, you are free to move them. But there is no penalty for you duplicating your stuff on Blogger, so you can try them there while leaving them here for a time, if you like.

Google doesn't really like that, but hey, their search is a disaster area at the moment with many plagiarised articles showing up ahead of the originals, but one good thing they are doing is giving preference to blogger blogs (surprise, surprise!) so your articles may do very well there if you group them right.

cheerfulnutsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your suggestion IzzyM.smile Do you think Blogger is better than Squidoo?

1. IzzyM profile image88

I've never used Squidoo, so can't say, but as a company they seem to be doing well just now. I have no idea of their payments either, perhaps someone else who uses them can better answer your question.

I'm just thinking Blogger gives you the ability to add other monetization methods, not unlike your own site would do, but without the expense of paying for hosting etc. Also anything you earn is 100% yours.

I like Blogger. I do pretty well over there.

2. IzzyM profile image88

I saw on your profile that you already have a blogger blog. Nice blog! But it will not make you much money nor earn you traffic because, and I could be wrong, but NO-ONE types in 'cheerfulnuts' as a search term.

Still, it's your 'brand' and you should keep it.

New blogs you start should have a url and a title that people might search for, and of course, all the content should relate to that search term.

I see you have a couple of hubs that could come under the heading of travel. Try to think of a search term people might use and put all your travel hubs in that blog.

OR, start afresh, write brand new articles because your subdomain here has a PR2 which makes for a very nice backlink.

At the moment your blog is hyperlinked under the title 'blogger' instead of 'cheerfulnuts blog' which would be a lot more powerful to you.

Something to think about. Obviously you write for money (as well as friendship) and to earn through any other ad network you need traffic.

I  have a hub about how to optimize blogger which might be useful to you.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
            WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No disrespect, because presumably you had your own reasons for choosing this ID, however there is no way I would go anywhere near a site featuring that term if it came up randomly in a search. Perhaps you are not aware, but "nuts" also has an obscene meaning in English, and especially with the "cheerful" in front, I would assume the obscene meaning was applicable to the site.

1. profile image0
              Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not in a million years would that have crossed my mind.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
                WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps this is one of the differences between UK and US English?

Oxford English Dictionary: nuts - vulgar slang: a man's testicles.

1. profile image0

No, I am not disputing your interpretation. I just would never have associated the words with anything obscene.

1. profile image60
                    nasakeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm english, and slang/swearing vocabulary is in my un-author voice by nature... Never would the inuendo have popped into my mind.

2. cheerfulnuts profile image60

IzzyM, thank you so much for your suggestions. I will definitely read your hub. I will start planning about my next step. I will try asking Squidoo members' opinion about this. Thanks!smile

WriteAngled, I didn't know that!!!yikes I told this to my sister and she just laughed at me.sad She is also a hubber. Her username is "seriousnuts". She said at least her name is less obscene than mine because of the word "serious".

2. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is an interesting dilemma.

Have you contacted google and disputed the decision? Many  writers have been able to reinstate their accounts after discussing the situation,  proving that the problem was not intentional and promising not to make the mistakes again.

1. profile image0

The only remedy is through the appeals form. It is very difficult to prevail. Once an appeal has been denied, it is game over, they will not review the case again.

1. Xenonlit profile image60
          Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That it draconian! I've only had one other account and closed it after finding out how awful the ads were .

I've already contacted Google. They've rejected my appeal.sad I've read that once your account is banned, you'll only have a slim chance of being reinstated. Their customer service sucks. At least they should have told me what exactly I did wrong, if there's any.sad

3. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Normally I would offer to buy your account, but after reviewing your hubs I have decided against it. Your hubs don't fit any projects I wish to undertake. Someone else might be interested.

2. QuestionMaster profile image79
    QuestionMasterposted 12 years ago

Sorry to hear this. It appears Adsense has been banning literally thousands of hubs from countries that include India/Asia/Phillipines, without a good reason - it's like a sweeping ban. sad

I really hope that sometime soon the HP ad program won't require Adsense affiliation - if eBay and soon Amazon will be associated with the program, it will be nearly impossible to sign up without Adsense.

I don't know if this has something to do with WebAnswers, a site that I had been participating on. A lot of WebAnswers members, including old members, had been banned by Google. All of them are from "prohibited" countries such as those you have mentioned. It was really shocking. There are also a lot of Filipinos or Indians here, but they still have their Adsense.
      I am hoping the same thing to.sad I want to stay here.

3. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

I thought i would have a look at a couple of your hubs just to see what might be  likely to "generate a risk of invalid activity" and one thing comes to mind!

At the bottom you have a nice picture pointing to what used to the voting buttons and the comments asking people to click - that space is now an add space.. you should not have anything pointing at adds and saying click this!!

Is this an issue?? Does anyone with greater knowledge out there know??

I know many people use similar pictures to encourage voting and commenting...

Also I assume that you have used the link auto suggest tool and most of your links are totally irrelevant to the subject of the pages..

1. SiddSingh profile image59
      SiddSinghposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.

2. cheerfulnuts profile image60

I forgot when these changes took place. But I'm 100% sure that it wasn't there on the day I was banned. It was several days after being banned that I saw the new ad space. I didn't even bother removing my picture. There's no more point in doing so. I'm planning to ask HP to remove all Google ads off my hubs.
      Sadly, I am now spending less time here on HubPages. I just come here to reply to comments or to check my new follower and sometimes, if I have extra time, to read other people's hubs.

4. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 12 years ago

@ cheerfulnuts sorry about your problem.
    Looks like Google is really on the job.. Gives me the creeps though.

sad It has been a month. It still hurts when I think of it.

1. sofs profile image75
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can imagine that.. so sorry. Maybe you should try out Izzy's idea, it is the best so far.

Yes, I will try her idea. I will check out her hub, too. Thanks sofs.smile

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

That's horrible, don't laugh but many of us here are not here to make money and love the creative process of writing in such a friendly and supportive medium.  My point is are there any thoughts on writing to grow as an artist if you like it here?

Again I am sorry that happened to you sucks!

sad

I'm not laughing kimberly. I understand what you're saying. I know that being able to write is enough to motivate some people to stay here. I love this site, but honestly, I need money.sad

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I think that if yopu have good content it is a matter of finding which non-adsense-based content site will earn best for you--so maybe try a few out?  Perhaps Examiner.com?

I've seen the site before. I thought only people from the US can sign up. I will check it again. Thanks for your suggestion.smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Another blog is good, yes smile there are other advertisers out there besides adsense and may pay better big_smile btw, G owns blogger wink js

I know that. But as IzzyM had said, I'll get more online visibility with Blogger.

8. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Sigh... so you're all telling me I'm far more filthy-minded than the average reader...

1. IzzyM profile image88

Nahh...but a very similar though crossed my mind too when I first saw the hubbername. So you're not alone!

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been very surprised that others have not agreed with you all yet. I don't know whether the distinction I'm making here (following) is "real English" big_smile vs. the "American version," but I would think of the word as being only mildly obscene or vulgar - more like humorous anatomical slang, occasionally intended to surprise or jar. (But still definitely dubious as the name of a website, unless you know in advance what it's about.)

9. profile image60
    nasakeposted 12 years ago

haha! Who knows! Unfortunately it's more to do with my terrible language. While I am getting better due to my new baby. I don't want to bring her up with me influencing her speech in that way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)