jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

videos when reading Hubs

1. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Boy, this is a jolt!  When I click on a new Hub to read, I get this loud video that plays, and it isn't the one the Hubber imbedded.  It's an advertisement.  I know we can't control these ads, but it's very distracting , and I just want to hurry and X out!  How do you feel about this???

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My other concern with these is that some of them have a 'roll over me' indicator - does this constitute a click - if so, I've seen these on my own Hubs am I in danger of 'fraudulent clicking' by accident!

1. mary615 profile image94
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm going to start a log on when this happens.  Thanks for the warning about the "roll over me" thing.  I won't do that!  It's bad enough when we have "pop-ups" that force us to watch something on our computers,  but this is just TOO much.

1. Topnewhottoys profile image60
          Topnewhottoysposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I too have encountered these auto-play video ads on hubs, and I think they suck. If I want to see or hear something I will click on it.

2. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Got up early so I could read some Hubs, and the first two I tried to read had this annoying video advertising "something". It's SO distracting.

3. Johnjfernando profile image61
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

I know! And this sort of ad trick is going around on other sites as well. I hope I don't end up getting into trouble when I click on my own hub to check out the comments and accidently click the ad.