jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Problem with my Hub but only on Google

1. EndaMac profile image79
    EndaMacposted 4 years ago

Apologies for repeating this but I published it in the wrong forum the first time around.

I could have got this completely wrong but something peculiar is happening with my hubs on Google.  I can find them on Bing and Yahoo no problem, but nowhere to be found on Google.  Even if I type hubpages + my hub name there is not a sign of it anywhere.

The only thing I can find on Google is my hub profile name of endamac.  This is very strange and would explain reduced traffic

Is anyone experiencing this.  About 6 weeks ago I was on the first page for 4-5 hubs and now nothing????

I go after very long tail keyword to help rank and also have started back links. I link to the hubpages/keyword page.  But if Google can only find my profile name, then I am losing search traffic big time.

Anyone got any ideas or same experience?

1. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see some of your hubs in Google search. If you're not sure if a hub is indexed by Google, do a Google search for the url of the hub you would like to check, ie:

If the hub doesn't show up perhaps Google nixed it or Google hasn't found it yet (the latter only happens with new hubs since HP is really good at making hub ummm findable for google.)

Searching for a hub by url will confirm whether or not it's in google and is a better way of finding it than searching for your hub by keywords you wish your specific hub to rank for.

Now, if your hub doesn't rank for particular keywords, just keep at it. If you're doing well in Yahoo/Bing that's great, just ignore Google and it will come. If you get an exorbitant amount of backlinks for a hub, particularly if it's brand new, Google could potentially sandbox it. The best bet is to publish a hub and limit backlinking to tweeting about it and linking to it on something like redgage.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I used Melbels method, searching for several of your hubs by using their URL.  The only one I didn't find was Best Finance Software, which I assume is too new to be indexed.  All that I found were already indexed.

I then searched on scroogle for What is the best TV to buy in 2011, searching for the title only.  Google had it via the URL, but scroogle doesn't show it in the first 100 results.

My conclusion is that every one I searched for is there, but if you can't find any of them by title searches they are far, far down in the SERP's.  A search for the exact title should show up on the first page, second at worst.  You may have become one of the "plungers"; search HP for "plunge" or "plunger" and you will find much in the forums.

2. EndaMac profile image79
    EndaMacposted 4 years ago

Thanks very much for the replies and for taking the time to help out.  It truly has helped me a lot and is greatly appreciated.  All advice taken on board and once again a big thanks from me.