jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

how do you paste the code from Amazon products?

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 4 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to paste the code from the Amazon products.  I haven't figured it out yet.  I go into my Amazon associate account and have copied the html code or highlighted the picture and it's info.  I can tell I am not doing it right.
    When I paste them in my hubs, I just see the mumble jumble code and not the actual picture with it's proper link.
    Can't figure it out.  Then I tried to see where I could find the ISBN number on the Amazon associate site and I can't find it. 
    I've emailed Amazon to help me out with it too.  But am kind of stuck.  I would like to know how to do it.
    I'm also signed up with Ebay but don't know how to get to that part of the site and figure that out too.
    Ebay keeps asking me to sign up, but I'm already connected through hubpages and there.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You use an Amazon capsule, you don't paste the html. Same with Ebay.

You can copy the URL of the product and paste it into the capsule.

2. robyna profile image60
      robynaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you haven't already done it yet, just go into your "earnings" section and make sure you have your Amazon ID put in there. That will you will get proper credit. But, yes, as others said, don't worry about HTML. Save yourself a lot of time and worry...just paste the url in there, it does the rest of the work for you. smile

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is best for you to use the Amazon capsule.  First, you have to sign in to Amazon account.

Page with your amazon ID:  Click on links and banners. You will see product links.  What I do is open another tab for Amazon site.  Then I find the product.  Once you find the product, scroll down the page. Go past product features other products.  Stop at Product Details. That is where you ASIN numbers are. Just copy the numbers and letters if there are any.

Example: ASIN: B000LSZVKA

If you go to Amazon Central and look up your product, after your associate account is signed into.  You will see get link.  You have 2 choices, the long HTML or a shortened version. 

But on the page for Amazon Associate where link/banners , A store is, you will get the  HTML code only.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
        LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Once you get the ISBN or ASIN number, you put it in the appropriate spot of your capsule.  Then add a description that your write, do not copy from amazon. 

You can set capsule for how many items you want to list.  You can add or delete from the capsule as you wish.   Or, you can make a capsule for each product separately.

2. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago

For Ebay you use the hubpages ebay capsule when editing your hub.  You don't use HTML code and you don't need to refer to the ebay site.  Just put keywords in the capsule and it will display matching bids/products.

Amazon currently only works with your own signup, again using an amazon capsule.  I don't think the amazon hubpages scheme is yet operational.

The ISBN number is displayed on the amazon site for each product.  If you can't find it then do a page search for ISBN using your browser.

Hope this helps!

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

As others have said either the ISBN or the URL will work in the Amazon capsule.  I typically use the URL because it is easier to find.

Alternatively, you can use a search in the capsule and it will return items similarly as you performed the same search on Amazon.  It can be difficult to get products you want that way, but if one is no longer available another will show up.  If you use the URL's when that product leaves Amazon the capsule will be empty.