jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

what to do with signups in order for them to write and publish hubs

1. nick071438 profile image55
    nick071438posted 4 years ago

I've made an invitation for interested parties to write for hubpages with pay. Visiting my referral trackers, I discovered that I've already hooked 4 inactive signups, meaning that up to now not one has dared to write, submit and publish a hub.  Any suggestion as what to do so as to inspire and coax them to publish hubs.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you mean that you got people to join through your referral and they are inactive.you need to get in touch with them and personally encourage them, probably helping them with their initial hubs..most people don't know where to start.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I tried smacking them around a little bit, but that doesn't work either.

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol Now we know what you do!! lol

3. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As an infamous Hub author once said, "You can lead a person to a site, but you can't make them write."

If your signups don't come here already possessing the desire to create content, there's no way you're going to inspire or induce them to do so.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

I have over 100 signups and only about 20% of those have ever written a single hub. Unfortunately, due to how easy it is to sign up for sites and the number of sites out there, it's not unusual for people to sign up for a site then forget about it. Think about yourself - how often have you signed up for a site just because it looked interesting and you planned to get back to it later, or just to leave a comment or have a quick look around?

You can try contacting them, but I've personally never had success with this either. It's better to work on getting more signups and you'll usually get a small percent who become avid publishers. Out of the 20% of my signups who've published, I've seen about 500 hubs. So it can happen, just get more sign ups and cross your fingers!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My experience exactly.  At first, I tried contacting people who'd signed up but hadn't written anything, but I never got anywhere.

3. nick071438 profile image55
    nick071438posted 4 years ago

I intend to wait for others to post their comments, suggestions and reactions on the issue.  For the moment, I'm beginning to feel that it is QuestionMaster's advice that is quite worth taking.