jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Got Ebay?

1. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 5 years ago

Would anyone who has Ebay capsules running care to share a link to their hubs so I can view how it looks on the hubs before I take the plunge? Thanks in advance!

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can add an ebay capsule to your own hub and then preview without publishing...I have a couple with eBay ads on , but with 500 hubs to go through I can't find em!!!

capricornrisingposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Simey C. I promise I'll read through all the Ebay tutorials, but if you don't mind answering a quick question:

Can I control the specific auctions that get posted on the hub? And what happens to the capsule once the auction ends?

1. SimeyC profile image89
          SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can't add items directly but usually put in keywords - you can select a seller though!

Usually when the auction ends, the capsule will just find a live item.

You have to be cery careful with keywords though - sometimes you might get items listed that you didn't want or expect...

You're a prince. Thank you!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, you can't. All you can do is enter a keyword or keywords, and the capsule will find current auctions matching that keyword.  If it can't find any current auctions, it will show "no products found".

I've found you need to experiment with keywords to get exactly what you want.  For instance, for an ad about pointe shoes, I couldn't just enter "pointe shoes" because I might get pointe shoe ribbons, pointe shoe glue, toe pads etc.

How did you handle that in the end, Marisa?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
              Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can minus words, for instance "pointe shoes -ribbons -toe"

working