jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Hub Hopping

1. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 5 years ago

When I read a Hub with misspelled words I don't know how to explain just that.  I can't say it's low quality, or any other option.  I just think it could be proofed better.  Should I flag a Hub just for misspelled words?
    Also there sometimes will be two links back to a Hubber's company:  not three.  Should I flag that?  Thanks.

1. brittanytodd profile image92
      brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1.  If it has a lot of grammatical errors and misspellings, you can flag it under low quality.  They will just have to edit it and resubmit anyway.

2.  If the whole point of the hub is to get people to buy something or go to their site, then it is overly promotional, so flag it.

Hope this helps!

mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks brittanytodd, but sometimes they will just be "borderline".  I saw one tonight with 3 misspelled words.  I flagged it, but then I felt bad about it.  There was another that used contractions incorrectly.  I flagged it, too.  Am I being too picky???

Well, I don't think so.  I like to know when I have a typo on my hubs.  Maybe for little things, a personal email would be better, but, at the same time, they may not change it unless they are required to.

I just remembered:  there was a link in a purely commercial Hub that took the reader to the same company, but writtenin Spanish!

How weird!  I wonder what they were thinking...

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

That's not necessarily true the way you have written it here. If a hub gives useful information about a service or a product, and promotes the service or product within the terms of use, that is not overly promotional.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … romotional

Some are just ads for the Hubber's company.  Even so, they shouldn't take the reader to a Spanish written text, do you think?

3. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

If it smells bad to you, flag it.  Staff looks at it and agrees or not. If not, no harm.

If I'm not sure, I just vote it down.

That's what I do:  I just don't to be too extreme in flagging.

working