jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Question about Amazon products

1. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

If a reader looks at an ad for Amazon on my Hub, but orders it on their own, NOT by clicking on the ad on my Hub, how would I get credit for that?  I don't see how I could, huh???   I think I ansered my own dumb question.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes you did answer your own dumb question big_smile
      That's the reason I hesitate to enter the product review niche.

People usually will have the product open on Amazon and then search for reviews after they have a handful of best products - am I right? - I'm not sure big_smile

So when they read your review they won't actually click your link now will they?

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

mary you will be paid if someone clicks one of your Amazon links and goes on to buy the product. You will also get paid if someone followed your link from your hub then went on to another page to but something totally unrelated to what you were trying to sell them. But there is time limit to this.
      If they click on an advertisement either hubads, google or Amazon ones you will be paid through adsense or hubads.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image66
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

if they click an amazon product in your hub, they will be forwarded to amazon site and the cookie is valid until 24 hours - am not sure if it is still 24 hrs. If they buy that product or buy anything from amazon, it will be credited  to you.

It's still 24 hours big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
        prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that is nice then. thank you

No prob big_smile

3. Rising Caren profile image82
    Rising Carenposted 5 years ago

Yeah, if they don't click your ad, you don't get credit.

Like others mentioned, if they clicked and started buying other stuff, you can get credited if it's within 24 hours.

However, it's not a real concern. Most people are too lazy to open amazon and put in the product when they can just click on your ad (if they're interested). The only time this is really an issue is if they chose a product beforehand and are trying to read more reviews, but that's why you try to talk about accessories and other related products they might have missed. If they like one of those, their laziness will still lead them to click on one of your ads before they purchase either product.

The product market can be quite fruitful when done right. You have to think about how to entice as many viewers as possible without being pushy and by still providing useful information. It's practically an artform.

4. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

Thanks for all the good answers, guys.  I'm sort of "sticking my feet in the water".  I've only done one; we'll see how it goes.  I guess I'm hoping that after reading my honest review of the product, they will just click on my ad and buy it!  Wouldn't that be nice???

working