Just earned my first commision on Amazon!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (36 posts)
  1. holdmycoffee profile image59
    holdmycoffeeposted 12 years ago

Little thing, I know, but after two months on Hubpages, I finally earned money from Amazon!!!!!!

Big 72 cents of commission earnings came to me from selling a book.

Just $99.28 to go. wink

How much do you earn from Amazon?

1. vnsatakopan profile image60
      vnsatakopanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great achievement. So far I have received nothing.

2. Browneesorchids profile image63
      Browneesorchidsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I been on hubs for 5 weeks and I have 3 clicks, two things were ordered but still have not gotten any compensation from that. I have a total of 14-15 hubs. Can someone tell me when or how to get compensations for people that click on my amazon store and purchase items?

1. Casey Strouse profile image59
        Casey Strouseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You will only get a commission posted to your account after the ordered items have been processed and shipped to the customer.

3. Nancy Owens profile image81
      Nancy Owensposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Holdmycoffee! I am a new Hubber looking forward to doing the same.

4. dumindu89 profile image63
      dumindu89posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really cool. Congratz. I couldn't earn even a penny from amzon affiliate program.

5. nick071438 profile image57
      nick071438posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here's a copy of my amazon earnings for nearly 3 years affiliateship in the amount of $11.69.  This includes my first earnings, payout or commission.

Earnings Report

Glossary
      April 10, 2010 to April 10, 2012

Summary
      Item Name

Seller

Price

Advertising-Fee Rate

Items Shipped

Revenue

Advertising Fees

Beauty
      Olay Regenerist Skin Care Starter Trio Pack    Amazon.com    $29.97    4.00%    1    $29.97    $1.20
      Health & Personal Care
      Bed Bug, Dust Mite ERADICATOR 24oz ready to use spray, natural enzymes that safely removes bugs, scientific efficacy test proven    Third Party    $14.95    4.01%    1    $14.95    $0.60
      Bentonite Powder - 1 lb - Powder    Third Party    $8.58    3.96%    1    $8.58    $0.34
      Kleen Free Naturally, 24oz pre-mix, bed bugs, scabies, lice, mites, any insect eliminator and treatment, all natural enzymes, non-toxic, organic, USDA    Amazon.com    $14.95    4.01%    1    $14.95    $0.60
      Lice and Nit Eliminating Natural Mousse with Foam Applicator Kit    Amazon.com    $13.06    3.98%    1    $13.06    $0.52
      Longevity Now 90 Caps Ultimate Anti-Aging Formula    Third Party    $28.97    4.00%    2    $57.94    $2.32
      Neon Nits Lice Egg Locator Hair Treatment Spray    Amazon.com    $9.95    4.02%    1    $9.95    $0.40
      Nit Free Terminator Comb with Nit Free Natural Lice Treatmen with Mousse Applicator - Eliminate Lice and loosen nits cleanly with no oils or toxins -    Third Party    $19.95    4.01%    1    $19.95    $0.80
      TheraClear Anti Parasite 120 Capsules    Third Party    $24.99    4.00%    1    $24.99    $1.00
      Vitamin Shoppe - Psyllium Husks Powder, 12 oz powder    Third Party    $5.99    4.01%    1    $5.99    $0.24
      Home & Garden
      Agri Zap RZU001 Rat Zapper Ultra    Third Party    $50.45    4.00%    1    $50.45    $2.02
      Tools & Hardware
      Comfort Seats C1B5R2-00CH Deluxe Soft Toilet Seat with Wood Cores and Chrome Hinges, Round, White    Amazon.com    $25.93    4.01%    1    $25.93    $1.04
      Comfort Seats C1B5R2-70 Deluxe Soft Toilet Seat with Wood Cores, Round, Claret    Third Party    $15.33    3.98%    1    $15.33    $0.61

2. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

Congrats! big_smile

I still have a few more Hubs to publish before I apply for Amazon, so I haven't earned anything yet.

I believe you can get a fair set of earnings from Amazon however smile so I'm looking forward to when I can apply for it!

3. David Legg 7 profile image68
    David Legg 7posted 12 years ago

I am hoping that with the new program I can get onto Amazon. I live in Colorado, and the old program doesn't allow anyone residing in Colorado to participate. I would guess there is probably some stupid legislation that our state enacted to protect us or something that led to this. But for whatever reason, I've not been able to link with Amazon. Good luck on your future sales! I hope you do great!
    David

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

Coffee: with you own personal amazon account, the minimum is 10 bucks.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I bet at those 10 dollar personal amazon account payout levels not only have you bought a house but you furnished it completely as well.

But please tell us all, how it is that you make so much money on all your other sites and then still have time to frequent the forums here. You sure are busy deleting your hubs and then putting another 1 or 2 back up. . though I see today you are at a high of 4 Hubs.

So the question as usual is LindaSmith1 what are you still doing here?

2. holdmycoffee profile image59
      holdmycoffeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cardia, I have my first sale after 2 months. Truly, I thought I would have earned more by now.
      Linda, did not realize that. Thanks for the info!
      David, good luck to you getting into Amazon!

5. tnvrstar profile image65
    tnvrstarposted 12 years ago

In 2 months you already published Hubs! This is really cool. Congrats for your first earnings. I have published only 29 Hubs in 3 years ..lol

6. StephanieBCrosby profile image82
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 12 years ago

Wow, good for you! I have been on HubPages for 7 months and have not sold anything on Amazon yet. Here's hoping I will be like you one day.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I have found Amazon to be strange.  Someone I conversed with made a 900 buck sale, and the product had nothing to do with their article or products they were showing.  I have encountered the same thing, I do not promote office products, computer products etc, but my first sales were computer supplies.

1. cabmgmnt profile image85
      cabmgmntposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is because amazon holds your affiliate id in a cookie for a short period of time. So a reader may have clicked on a product from your hub but in turn bought a different product altogether from Amazon. You were the source that brought that customer to Amazon and you were credited for the sale.

Here's the latest verbiage from the Associates operating agreement in regards to sessions and cookies.

February 2, 2012 version
        "A "Session" begins when a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site and ends upon the first to occur of the following: (x) 24 hours (except in the case of Special Links to the myhabit.com site, in which case 30 days) elapses from that click; (y) the customer places an order for a Product that is not a Digital Product; or (z) the customer follows a link to the Amazon Site that is not your Special Link."

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … _operating

1. cabmgmnt profile image85
          cabmgmntposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice technical explanation. Thanks for clarifying.

8. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 12 years ago

Good on you, holdmycoffee. A sign of thing to come, perhaps - and with any luck they'll pass my way too smile

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Amazon, Ebay, Clickbank.  Why do so many rely on them only.  There are merchants out there that pay  as much as 15 percent in commissions, maybe more.

1. Chemistry Book profile image62
      Chemistry Bookposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We will be happy to know if you can share those Merchants with us.

You can earn up to 15% from Cafe Press and some merchants on Commission Junction pay pretty well.  Also, a lot of dating sites pay flat fees for referrals.

10. dilipchandra12 profile image66
    dilipchandra12posted 12 years ago

Cool... big_smile am yet to begin with Amazon tongue

11. Trsmd profile image57
    Trsmdposted 12 years ago

I have earned a lot in amazon..but still not yet reached the payout limit of 100$

12. LindaSmith1 profile image61

People are misunderstanding payout from Amazon Sales, with their personal Amazon associate account

he minimum payment threshold for direct deposit is only $10, compared to $100 for checks.
    We deduct a $15 processing fee from all monthly checks sent to Associates, but there is no charge for payment by direct deposit or gift certificates.
    Direct deposit payments are completely secure and reach your bank account three to seven days faster than paper checks.
    If your billing address is outside the United States, and direct deposit is, therefore, unavailable to you, we will waive the $15 fee.

1. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info. I had mine set to send a check at the hundred dollar payout- I am going to change it to direct deposit, now. Thanks again

13. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Brown: Amazon pays by direct deposit of by check.  A minimum of 10 bucks for direct deposit. A minimum payout of 100 bucks if you want a check, and they charge you 15 bucks to pay by check.  You go into your amazon account to be paid.

1. Trsmd profile image57
      Trsmdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have contacted and changed the payment settings.. Unable to reduce 100$ threshold...I have to wait till reaching it..

14. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    1. holdmycoffee profile image59
      holdmycoffeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good to know. Thank you for educating us! Sometimes there is so much infomation out there, it is hard to know where to look to find answers.

15. Claudia Tello profile image66
    Claudia Telloposted 12 years ago

Excellent, I haven't achieved that after many more months in Hubpages, congratulations!!!! I hope in 2012 you will sell many more books.

16. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Trsmd: It may be because you are not in USA and they cannot do direct deposit in India. There is some information about that.  Some people get stuck with payment by check, but if it is due to a country issue, they do not charge the 15 dollar fee.

If your billing address is outside the United States, and direct deposit is, therefore, unavailable to you, we will waive the $15 fee. There is no processing fee for payment via gift certificate or direct deposit.

17. kikalina profile image84
    kikalinaposted 12 years ago

congrats on your earnings

18. Aiden Roberts profile image68
    Aiden Robertsposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, it's a nice feeling isn't it. Keep building hubs and the commissions will come thick and fast.

Well done!

Aiden

19. erniesliter profile image59
    erniesliterposted 12 years ago

Good job! The first sale is always the most satisfying.

20. profile image49
    samnan21posted 12 years ago

i am from india
    i have earned more then $2k from amazon in 5 days
    is there any way to get direct deposit in india ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)