jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Requests for Guest Posting, Inserting Links, etc

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

Lately, I've been getting a lot of requests from people asking me to write hubs for them with backlinks for them and recently someone actually contacted me to put links to a survey site in my hubs. He said that he cloaks the links to pass HubPages censors and that he'll pay me for every completed survey. I'm obviously not remotely interested, even when the person offers to pre-write the article for me.

I know that HP really can't do anything to prevent these emails, but is there something I can do to help HP? For example, this link cloaking scheme is meant to deceive HP. Should I notify HP so they know to be on the lookout for links from a particular domain? I hit the report button, but should I point out the exact reason (link cloaking for the purpose of deception) the user went off in my radar other than the blatantly obvious "spam."

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes it would be better to inform them who knows some hubbers might be accepting offers like this.

2. maxravi profile image2
      maxraviposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great you brought it to HP notice.surely you should report about this to HP staff with a copy of mail.

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I would send staff an email, just informing them and send along a copy of the emails.

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Other than write back to the person/s whom wrote the email and tell them to shove their idea up their collective *beep*holes diagonally sideways until *beep* is coming out of their mouths and they need a kick up the *beep*hole?

Otherwise a polite no will suffice.

Good to let HP know these dunderheads are trying to use HPs traffic for their own nefarious needs.