jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)

Is empire avenue a link exchange?

1. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I'm always discovering new sites and recently I stumbled across Empire Avenue.

It's still quite confusing but before I get too involved I'd like to know if it would fall under the heading of a link exchange in the Adsense TOS.

How many people here use it?

2. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I just had a look from the outside of the site, it doesn't explain how your virtual currency actually obtains traffic. It doesn't sound that much of a threat, since if you are just getting your profile displayed higher in their social lists, it isn't directly sending traffic to your sites.

WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can add blogs etc on the site, though. hmm

3. brittanytodd profile image92
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

I just started there.  I asked people to like my jewelry store's facebook page for some shares and i got a bunch of sales out of it.  Melbel has a great hub on what it is and how to use it.

Thanks will take a look.

I do remember that Twiends had to remove their Facebook like buying option because Facebook does not approve of buying likes in any form.

1. brittanytodd profile image92
        brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, since it's fake currency, it's okay and people will not "like" something just because you say you will pay them.  It's really cool how many people actually check out my site from there because they are generally interested.

Hmmm but in that case doesn't it fall under paid traffic? LOL

4. barryrutherford profile image29
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

I have been on for a couple of weeks it is an interesting stock market game which keeps you on your toes. My name over there is Barrington.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

It kind of sounds like a traffic exchange to me.

6. dipless profile image84
    diplessposted 5 years ago

Just started it, no your not dealing in money so it's not a link exchange, but it seems to be fun and so far the community are nice.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't have to involve money to be a link exchange.  A link exchange is any website where you agree to click on my website if I agree to click on yours.

1. dipless profile image84
        diplessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ok fair point, but i haven't said that anywhere so i'm going to give it a go has been fun thus far.

I wasn't talking about Empire Avenue specifically, just the definition of link exchanges in general.

Do you need a Facebook account to be able to get the most from it?

You can link your Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, blogs and various other accounts to it...

I noticed that, but I was wondering whether it was essential to get value from the site. 

For instance, I don't have a Facebook account that I'd want to use on the site.  I got the impression you're trading "Likes" - does that mean I miss out on some of the benefits?

Right now I haven't "purchased" any likes. I might in future though, since I have over a dozen Facebook pages - once I feel comfortable with how it works.

However you can link your blog sites using RSS feeds so you can increase traffic, too.

So on the whole, I think it depends what you want to use it for. Sure, you might be missing out on the Facebook angle, but I don't have a Flickr account, so I'm missing out on promoting that.

...wondering if we can link our RSS feeds from Hubpages there?

1. dipless profile image84
                  diplessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

we can indeed link the RSS for HP. I haven't really got into how it all really works yet but it looks fun and the community are pretty nice.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93

You have a dozen Facebook pages? How does that work?  do tell!

I mean Facebook fan pages. You can have unlimited (or I'm yet to see a limit) on one profile.

The one I started for the floods is my top liked so far, with over 36,000 people.

7. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Heck, it looks like fun.  I can't see where Google could get upset.. I'll give it a try (PCUNIX) there.

8. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I played with it for a few days..  I don't have the time for it and although the site itself doesn't seem to be promoting anything that could arouse the wrath of Google,some of the people there definitely are.

I'm out..

Thanks for that feedback PC, maybe I won't bother!

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I'd hate for you to miss out on something you might like.  I'm hardly anyone who others should look to for advice on social networking - I detest it right out of the gate!

9. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

It's more of a social networking promoting site. It doesn't help with getting your site more traffic, but if social networking is important to you, it DOES help with that. The site gives you fake currency based on how active you are in social networking, but has little to do with your own sites. Nobody gets any currency for visiting your site or blog, however, you earn currency form people buying your stock.

People buy stock from those who are active on social networking sites. If you are active, your stock will pay out high dividends. The more followers you have on twitter, the higher dividends you pay out to shareholders, so some shareholders will follow you on twitter. This is where people might confuse it with a link exchange, but it's not.

It's just a game, there is nothing you "get." You can put a link to your site on your profile, but this doesn't do anything other than maybe give you a back link. The users don't really give traffic to your sites, it's not about that. It basically boils down to how much you use Twitter.

IT CAN help you on HubPages if you tweet about HubPages, sometimes people there will retweet you, but this does not break AdSense TOS in any way.

It is not a link exchange.

And pcunix is right, there are people who are away self-promotional there. I ignore these people. They're irritating. tongue Just go there to have fun and play a virtual social networking stock game. tongue

10. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I like it.  Like klout it has no intrinsic value--but it helps encourage me to be a more effective social networker and promoter of my products.  It is a sort of 'super klout' with some other elements thrown in.

1. melbel profile image92
      melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. I've been doing a lot better on Twitter, getting more followers, etc. Not just because of shareholders, but it's kind of helped me improve how I use Twitter.

working