jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Letter From Adsense - Am I losing money on Hub Pages now?

1. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

I just got an e-mail from Adsense saying....
    "At least 877 of the pages on sabrebiade.hubpages.com are running less than three ad units."
    (Pretty cool since I only have 273 Hubs)
    Anyway....so why am I running less than 3 ad units on a page?
    I'm not in HP Ads, I'm still straight Adsense.
    Are HP Ads that I am not getting paid for taking the place of Ad Sense ads I do get paid for on my pages?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

HubPages explains the differences in which ads go where (and has diagrams which really help) in the two different ad program options here,

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/affi … n-hubpages

Post-Panda, there was a reduction in ad placement overall on Hubs as that was determined to part of the problem.  When you run multiple ad networks, it's often a better idea to not run the max of all ads as that chokes the page.

You also have to understand that you got a form letter that presumes you are running your own website where you have control of your ad placement, which is not the case here.

sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I understand that.
      I just wondered why I have like 3 Adsense blocks and a link unit on a Hub and Adsense is saying I am showing less than 3 units. .

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HP will put ads on their 40% as they choose.  Could adsense be picking this up and referring to the fact that they are not adsense ads?

As far as 273 hubs, don't forget that slide shows get ads, too, and adsense may even be counting ads on any videos as well.  Your profile will even count as one page.  I've even gotten a click (reported by analytics) on a /, whatever that is, and a couple on translations.  Perhaps those count as pages...

1. sunforged profile image68
          sunforgedposted 4 years ago in reply to this

/ = your profile page / main page of a domain

Those adsense emails are often pretty screwy. They were sending out "add more ads" to your pages emails after Panda first hit!

And they are still doing it now, even though "above the fold" ad density is now released as being a negative (like hubs layout)

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Hubpages Ad Program runs adverts DIRECTLY through Hubpages, with no connection to Google. So some of the ad blocks you see have nothing to do with Adsense.

4. Richieb799 profile image68
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

Why do they keep sending us this email? lol Shouldn't they just send it once?

Yeah...or better yet send it to HP itself!

1. viryabo profile image87
        viryaboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

5. Astra Nomik profile image74
    Astra Nomikposted 4 years ago

Normally I suppose you could do a manual count of the exact number of ads on your pages from Google, as seen from outside Hub Pages. But it would be time-consuming and cumbersome.

Well I switched over from straight Adsense to HP Ads so we'll see how that does.