My hubscore is plummeting on a new hub- help me figure out why?

1. Sue B. profile image87
    Sue B.posted 4 years ago

First, some background.  I don't know much about what makes hubs successful or not.  My scores mystify me- some of my favorite hubs that I think I would personally gravitate towards have low scores whereas others I thought were a bit obscure have high scores.

My most successful hub is Dreaming of Snakes: What Snakes mean in a dream.  I get at least 100 views a day. 

I thought I should continue to write about dreams since people seem to be interested in the meaning behind their dreams and I think I offer a unique perspective.

I just wrote this hub on dreaming about Exes:

I have never had a hubscore under 50 so I think something is wrong.  The only thing I can think of is at some point I received a warning that it may be classified incorrectly because hubpages thought it was a hub about getting back your ex (which it's not).  I think as I continued to write that warning eventually just went away and I was able to publish the hub.

I spent a lot of time on this hub and thought dreaming of an ex was more common than dreaming of snakes which would give me more viewers (or so I thought).

Any feedback is welcome.  Thanks so much for taking the time to read my request!

1. 0
      SirDentposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I saw nothing wrong with your hub.  It is well formatted and is easy to read.  Not overly promotional or anything like that.  I would not worry about the score.  Generally, when a hub is first published the score falls before it starts climbing in hub score.

2. Sue B. profile image87
    Sue B.posted 4 years ago

Thanks for replying, it went up 2 points since I posted although it is still under 50.  Maybe I just never watched so closely the first day!