jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Making Videos for HubPages/ Video Cameras

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image93
    ThePracticalMommyposted 4 years ago

This is for those of you who have tried out the new video feature on HP. What video cameras or devices did you use to create your videos? Did you find the videos easy to upload onto your computer?

I'm in the market for a new video camera that is easy to use and is able to post videos online, especially for HP. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

2. alissaroberts profile image98
    alissarobertsposted 4 years ago

For my first video, I used my smartphone which is an android. It quickly uploaded to my computer but then I learned that I had to save it as a different file to be compatible with HP which took over 30 minutes to convert it on my laptop. I did shop around at a few places to get some advice. The guy at Best Buy suggested the Kodak Easy Share (I think that was the name) and the Sony version of the same video camera. The Sony was over $100 and I believe the Kodak was about $20 cheaper. He stated that both were easy to use and upload to your computer. I am thinking about purchasing one of these or just going ahead and upgrading my phone to a newer version of the android which is suppose to have better video shooting capabilities. Hope that helps - good luck in finding a camera!

ThePracticalMommyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your input!

3. waynet profile image45
    waynetposted 4 years ago

I've got a Kodak zI8 which was under $100 when I bought it last year and it's a great HD camera for video and taking photos all in one. Although be prepared to buy a few extra batteries as they run out quite quick when filming in higher definition video...but they are rechargeable so it's best to have a few charged for when you have some serious videos to upload.

The software that comes in built into the Kodak called Mediaimpression is okay for sharing to other sites, but I prefer to use Windows live movie maker to edit and sort the videos out for uploading to YouTube or here at Hubpages.

I run through batteries like crazy just taking pictures, so I could only imagine how it would be when taking videos! You actually answered another question I had, which was about video editing programs. Thanks so much!

4. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 4 years ago

Until very recently, I used either the camera on my phone, or a Flip cam. Neither produced terrific-quality video.

Then I borrowed my brother's micro DSLR (an Olympus PEN P2) to film a couple of HubPages videos, and the quality was so much better that I bought a similar camera (the Panasonic Lumix G3). Something like this isn't probably necessary to take great pics and video, but I'm having fun with it anyway.

Getting really high-quality pics and videos helps you set yourself apart from the competition, I'm learning.

Hmm. I have a DSLR but I didn't consider using it. Thanks for the suggestion!

5. GinnyLee profile image92
    GinnyLeeposted 4 years ago

Is that open for everyone now?  I haven't seen it as an option yet.

It will be soon. There was a post today in the HP blog. smile

1. GinnyLee profile image92
        GinnyLeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

whew!  Thought I was losing my marbles!

working