jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How can I download a video I uploaded to HubPages to get it back on my computer

1. WannaB Writer profile image92
    WannaB Writerposted 2 years ago

How can I download a video I uploaded to HubPages to get it back on my computer that crashed?

When my computer crashed last October, it had all my videos and my back-up file was so large it did not download properly. I thought Apple had restored all my media from the old drive, but I can't find the videos now. I want to have a copy of those videos I made just for HubPages -- especially since these videos are being phased out. How do I get my videos back?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Hi Barbara, I am sorry that happened.
    Try looking on your Startup Button, on the Toolbar, and go to Videos. If that does not work try Downloads, and Local Disk (Csmile

1. WannaB Writer profile image92
      WannaB Writerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This happened on an iMac. Since the crash and supposed restoration, the hard disk is not organized the way it used to be. I upgraded to Maverick when I replaced the computer, and I haven't been able to find much of anything. iMovie is crazy, too,

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have a PC, which has Search box at the bottom of the Start Button or on the Local Disk (Csmile. If you remember the name, or part of the name, you type it in and it searches for it. If part does not work, try Googling for the whole name.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image74
    Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago

There is a related forum thread here.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2742718

4. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

Barbara, I have a Mac so maybe I can help. I inferred from your explanation that you're not sure if you have the restored video somewhere on your new hard drive after they restored it.

Assuming you do, go into "Finder" and select "All My Files" from the sidebar. If you don't see "All My Files" in the sidebar, open your Finder Preferences, select the "sidebar" tab and place a checkmark next to "All My Files". Also make sure your Preferences has "Search this Mac" as the search option under the Advanced tab of your Finder Preferences. 

Now, type in part of the filename (as you called it) of the video in Finder's search field. If the video is anywhere on your hard drive, you should see it in the listing.

If you don't find it on your computer, then the last resort will be to download it from HP. But you can't do that yet. HP is planning on providing a tool to download and save your videos before they discontinue the video Hubs. Keep a lookout for that announcement. Make sure you have your preferences set to receive the weekly emails from HP in your Profile > Account Settings.

1. Glenn Stok profile image100
      Glenn Stokposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Barbara, for selecting my answer as best answer. Glad to be of help.

working