jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Pageviews on Analytics are more than twice what HP shows!

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

The page views on Analytics are 205% of what my HP views show for the past 24 hours!

Does HP not consider views going to other pages? I mean when people go to another hub from a previous hub? Because, nothing else makes sense

lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok here's some info related to a few hubs to help clarify things:

One of my hubs on Analytics shows 577 views on Analytics and just 519 here (Past 30 days) and I can surely say that the difference isn't what I got in the past 24 hours (Just in case there's a 24 hour lag)

1. Greekgeek profile image96
        Greekgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some of those views will be yours. I bet Hubpages doesn't count those.

*peers* But I can't imagine you looked at the hub THAT many times. Hm. Donno.

That hub is one of my oldest hubs and I've not even looked at it 5 times. I just check it once a week to update the tags! That's surely not my own views

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Do you show a giant slug of views from facebook in HP's "traffic" section?

This has been a problem for more than a few of us lately; apparently a bot from facebook is making many, many visits that HP counts but neither analytics nor HPads does.

I think Izzy reported a sudden increase of 3000 to one hub, and I've had several hubs suddenly go from 10 or 20 per day to 200.  Others have the same type of thing.

*edit* And don't I feel foolish as I re-read your post and you are seeing the opposite of this.  'Bends over and awaits the well-deserved swift kick'.

Yes, wilderness I was active on that thread as well and I received just 27 views on one hub and another 17 on another. But, this particular hub just gets views from Google and other search engines - Not even a HubPages!

That's what made me wonder

Also, if at all that was the case HP views should be more right?? Because, analytics wasn't tracking the Facebook views (the bot ones). But, its the other way round here

3. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

There are differences in what each considers as a view. For me, I see more views on HubPages than on Analytics. This is probably because I block my own views from showing up in Analytics.

That said, yeah, it's never going to be completely accurate for either Analytics or HubPages.

Also, another thing to consider is that HubPages traffic counts are rolling and Analytics is figured from the past day. This can make a big difference in the number of views.

Yup, I've taken that into consideration as well and for that to be true the views on HP should exceed analytics (Even if my own views are counted).

But, its juts on that one hub and everything else is fine so I wonder what the problem is.

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I've noticed that Google analytics can be up to 24 hours behind in some cases and only updates once per day. Hubpages updates hourly on a rolling day.

Let us know if the views haven't changed on Analytics within 48 hours.

My point is Analytics is higher than HubPages smile

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Y'never know... I've seen some weird glitches and discepencies. Either way 48 hours might make it look a little different.

wink

working