jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Inserting URL

1. luckykarma profile image60
    luckykarmaposted 4 years ago

Why isn't there a video to walk people through on how and where to insert URL's? They talk about hyperlinks, referral links etc, but for people like myself it's all foreign without a diagram. Not everyone is computer savvy.

Also, why aren't my questions published?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's probably because most people do have some basic idea of how to use a word processing program these days.

You make a hyperlink exactly the way you would in Microsoft Word.  Type in the words you want to make into a link (e.g. the name of the website).  Use your cursor to highlight those words. Click on the chain link (in the toolbar at the top of the text box).  A box will appear - type or paste in the URL.  Save. You're done.

This is a basic method that applies everywhere, it's not specific to HubPages.  That's why it's not covered in the Help section.  If you have other similar questions, try typing them into Google and you'll probably find How To articles that will help you. 

You've got a learning curve ahead of you, but hang in there - you'll get it.  Please note, though, that HubPages is not a blogging site.  Think of your sub-domain as a magazine full of interesting, informative articles.  Hubs are typically much longer than blog posts - at least 400 words and sometimes as long as 1,500 words, and explore a subject thoroughly rather than just making an observation or expressing an opinion.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Hghlight the words you want to turn into a link, click the chain link icon, insert address in pop up box, click ok.

And what do you mean questions not published? If they break HP rules, they would be moderated by staff?

3. luckykarma profile image60
    luckykarmaposted 4 years ago

Thanks Marisa, yes I can use Word, I am happy to say I managed to get 11 hubs up and running, but now when I go to write a hub it keeps returning to the beginning and I have to keep starting all over again~!