jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

1. Brandon_C profile image60
    Brandon_Cposted 7 years ago

I'm just wondering if the Hub would be a good site for me to post short stories I write or is there a better site I should be using. It seems as if the Hub is more for just opinions.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Brandon. I believe it never hurts to place your short stories on HubPages , HubPages isn't just a place for opinions, it is also a place where you can meet other writers and meet new friends. I hope that you take a chance and publish a few as it never hurts. I would also recommend associated content and wordpress. smile

2. dineane profile image85
    dineaneposted 7 years ago

hmmm...I don't think HubPages is more for opinions - it is for information.

But I'd like to know how others answer your question. I don't think HP is a good "money-making" venue for fiction or poetry, but are there better sites for more creative writing endeavors?

3. Cris A profile image58
    Cris Aposted 7 years ago

I think I prefer reading your stories than spend my time on HubPages looking at the many "catalogues" of women that tend to be more popular among hubbers (just an opinion, no offense meant).  In fact, I'd be your fan so I'd be informed should you decide to publish your stories here.  There's a thing called "word of mouth" and if what you write is good, it will spread...So hub on! And welcome to Hubpages big_smile

4. greathub profile image75
    greathubposted 7 years ago

You can place your stories here at hubpages and at the same time you can publish them somewhere else also.

When an author publishes an article on hubpages its copyright stays with the author.

Good Luck!

5. Brandon_C profile image60
    Brandon_Cposted 7 years ago

Thanks so much everyone, I think I will post my stories and articles here. I love  how it is so simple.

1. ajcor profile image59
      ajcorposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You should post your short stories - most of my hubs are short stories - and some people appear to like reading them -  I look forward to reading your stories.

6. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Yes I've posted short stories and been amazed to eventually earn some money too.  I wrote a 'tongue in cheek' romantic serial called 'Coffee!' and recently got a click worth over $1 from episode 3 because it draws ads for expensive coffee machines (the least read episode). 

I also wrote a light-hearted fictional story about Kylie Minogue which gets quite a few low paying clicks as it contains key words such as 'gossip'.

Fiction will never pay much but other benefits of publishing on HubPages are you can illustrate your fiction and also get good feedback which you don't get on most writing sites.

I think hubPages is a great place to publish fiction - just don't expect to get a large payback in cash!