Life's special moments
Moments in my life I will always cherish
I thought long and hard on what to write about in my first hub. I finally concluded that I would write about some of the "special moments in my life". I come from a large family, the eldest of 7 children so my childhood is a bit blurry. I only remember changing a lot of diapers and babysitting my brothers and sisters. But I do remember loving them very much and I still do, only wish that I lived closer to them. It wasn't until I started my own family at the young age of 18 that the special moments took on a whole new meaning. I began writing them down and so here are only 40 of these moments that I would like to share with you. I could have gone on and on believe me, but narrowed it down to these. These moments will forever remain in my heart as long as I have breath in my lungs.
I believe that from these special moments and also the sad ones that I have experienced in my life, God has used them to shape me into the person that I am today. It's how I reacted to the sadness and the joy in my life that helped build my character and who I am, which is a mother of 3 amazing children, grandmother of 8 beautiful and talented grandchildren. I am also the wife of a very loving and caring husband - Larry, and the eldest sister to 4 awesome women of God and 2 brothers.
"Life is not about how many breaths you take - it's about the things that take your breath away"
Spending time with family is priceless!
These are just some of my special moments
1. Enjoying all my children and grandchildren when they visit for Easter and Christmas.
2. When I got to hold my two sons and precious daughter for the first time after giving birth to them.
3. Watching my children when they took their first step.
4. Experiencing a white river rafting trip with my husband Larry holding on for dear life gripped with fear and excitement rushing through me.
5. When I danced with my two sons on each of their wedding day.
6. When I held my grand-babies for the first time, this has almost been a yearly event!
7. When my sisters surpised me on my 50th birthday.
8. Passing my realtor license exam with a good grade.
9. Hugging my mom and dad after I hadn't seen them in a year.
10. Giving a friend a hug when they were in pain and then feeling their pain in my inner most core.
11. When I watched my children play sports during their childhood years, such as basketball, soccer, baseball, softball and tennis.
12. Hearing my sisters voice on the phone when I really needed to talk to someone.
13. Crying with my little sister while watching a sad and funny movie.
14. Falling in love for the first and then second time in my life.
15. Traveling across country in the RV and experiencing all of God's masterpieces, his beautiful scenery and nature, visiting Yellowstone, Jasper - BC, Banf -BC, Grand Tetons and the Pacific NW.
16. Reading a hub about me with a poem that my sister wrote.
17. Being on a cruise ship sitting by the pool next to your husband just relaxing and thinking about absolutely nothing.
18. Being a few steps from a grizzly bear at Yellowstone and feeling both a rush and excitement.
19. Excitement watching my oldest son Ken fly his FA-18 jet for the first time, and as he flies straight up into the air then comes down so fast and furious, my heart then begins to beat 100 miles an hour.
20. Seeing the very first home my son Jason who is a contractor built by his own hands.
21. Watching my sons dance with their brides on their wedding day.
22. Seeing what God has been up to in my sons lives, as they become the men that God intended them to be, they both are awesome husbands and fathers.
23. Watching my oldest son graduate from college with honors and then become a pilot in the navy.
24. Watching my daughter Michelle struggle through life after high school and then finally graduate from college and become a successful graphics illustrator.
25. Baking cookies with my grand kids for the holidays.
26. When my sister Rosemary held my hand when I was getting ready to give birth to my son Jason because my husband was on cruise ship.
27. When my little sister Gloria flew from Texas for moral support and to help me prepare the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding - she's an amazing cook.
28. When my sister Bea came to visit me and we both spent quality fun time together.
29. Every time I hear the words "I love you - mom, grandma, sis or sweetheart".
30. When I flew to Missouri and hugged my sister Rosemary after her heart attack.
31. When Larry and I went on an Alaska cruise with 4 other couples.
32. When my sister Bea and brother Ramon came to my oldest son's college graduation.
33. Watching my three very talented children and now (the torch has been passed) my grandchildren's passion for drawing and painting.
34. Going on a 9,000 ft. tram up in Jasper British Columbia and experiencing the Canadian Rockies and the glacier filled lakes which are a dark teal color.
35. Each of my wedding days - with my first husband Randy in 1972 and then my present husband Larry in 1999.
36. Experiencing "Holy Land Experience" in Orlando Florida, highly recommended.
37. Discovering I have a beautiful sister-in-law Marsha and her husband Steve who came back into our lives a few years ago.
38. Larry and I were privileged to go on a photo shoot on a helicopter ride along the Oregon Coast - amazing!
39. Seeing the sunrise and sunset knowing there is a creator who made it so beautiful for us to enjoy!
40. Experiencing Christ for the first time in my life, when I humbled myself and gave my life over to him - then experiencing the peace he can only give - priceless!
A woman of many talents
- An American Soldier and Father
It was February 23, 1992 that my father passed away. I remember I was living in New Mexico at the time and had just returned from a trip from visiting him. He had been ill with a heart condition but was...
- Nothing Like a Little Sister
I was 3 years old when my little sister was born. She was born in April of 1966 and yes that makes me 46, wow where did all the time go? When my little sister was born she was a beautiful child, cute as a...
Check out some cool books to read
© 2010 Mary Gaines
More by this Author
Sharing some of my cute Christmas crafts with everyone. These are special gifts that you can make quick and easily this holiday season. Enjoy
Christmas is only 140 days away, are you ready? Here I share three more of my handmade Christmas treasures with you to make for family and friends....enjoy!
Making angel ornaments for the Holidays is a great way to connect with your family. Using recycled materials like an empty diet coke can make them more fun and affordable. You will love it!