John Sarkis profile image 75

Did God become a hoax after modern science?

We now believe The Bible was wrong, because, the earth cannot be 6k years old - this is wrong by the way, the Book of Genesis never states how old earth or the universe are! God could have been lonely for billions of years before he decided to create the cosmos...much of this scientific claim is based on the study of fossils/animal remains and pressure - e.g., Grand Canyon is one billion years old. What's your take on this?

rfmoran profile image91

Russ Moran (rfmoran) says

wtaylorjr2001 profile image79

William H Taylor (wtaylorjr2001) says

• John Sarkis profile image

John Sarkis 4 years ago

This is true. I believe in Kantian epistemology - God belongs to the realm of "thing in itself" just like math, which is 'a priori' yet looks as if experience is needed to reach outcome.

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

• John Sarkis profile image

John Sarkis 4 years ago

That was the point I was trying to make by posing the question. We, (when I say we I'm including myself as we're all influenced by the media to some extent) have been hoodwinked into believing science is correct and The Bible is nonsense....

calynbana profile image86

Christina (calynbana) says

• John Sarkis profile image

John Sarkis 4 years ago

So true...precisely my point. It's interesting how people have wrongly arrived at this conclusion. ...blame it on the media, or who knows?... Well said....

coffeegginmyrice profile image86

Marites Mabugat-Simbajon (coffeegginmyrice) says

• calynbana profile image

Christina (calynbana) 4 years ago

This theory goes against the character of God. If this is true then it is something that creates a stumbling block for many, many people. Do you remember what Jesus said about stumbling blocks? Do you think God would create a stumbling block?

Michele Travis profile image69

Michele Travis says

• John Sarkis profile image

John Sarkis 4 years ago

Hi Michele,

So many unanswered questions, yet the world has been hoodwinked to believe science has all the answers - biggest of all fallacies!...

Diane Woodson profile image61

Diane Minton (Diane Woodson) says

Abluesfornina profile image75

S Marie (Abluesfornina) says

0

• John Sarkis profile image

John Sarkis 4 years ago

You're so right...as I just replied to calynbana about how our current society and the way we've been taught to think - people take it for granted that science is always correct and they sometimes forget that science has been wrong.

theupside profile image61

theupside says

• lone77star profile image

Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) 4 years ago

The owner and creator has His own motives and agenda. Just because they don't suit yours, doesn't mean He doesn't exist. This is a rescue mission, and flashy magic only plays to ego -- and ego is the barrier