(1) There is more individualized attention paid to each family member.
(2) There is less stress in the family because there is less crowding.
(3) Couples have more time together.
(4) There is more discretionary income or for that matter, income beyond the rudiments.
(5) There are far opportunities to pursue educational & cultural goals.
(6) There is more personal space & privacy.
(7) There is more individualized time to develop one's unique talents & potentials.
(8) There is less infighting, game-playing, one-upmanship, & competition.
(9) There is MORE time to spend together.
(10) There is more equal parity between husband/father & wife/mother & brother/sister or child.
(11) There is an equal partnership between husband/father & wife/mother as both are educated & have careers. The husband/father doesn't have to assume all of the socioeconomic burdens like they do in large families.
(12) Children are more advanced intellectually as they interact primarily w/parents instead of w/siblings who are merely children themselves.
(13) Children are advanced academically because there are more individualized parent-child time.