jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

World Teachers Day

1. Don Balderas Jr profile image61
    Don Balderas Jrposted 18 months ago

We remember many things about our teachers. Who and what is a good teacher to you?

1. ThatMommyBlogger profile image86
      ThatMommyBloggerposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I still remember my high school chemistry teacher.  He was a great guy.

Don Balderas Jrposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks ThatMommyBlogger. Chemistry is one favorite subject of mine.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago

I had a Jr. High Art teacher who asked me the strangest question. I had told her I just couldn't paint my image the way I wanted it. I remember feeling so frustrated. I had taken my project up to her explaining that I was really having trouble. She answered in one word which changed my life. I clearly remember her pale pink lipstick and teased blond hair. Looking back, I think she was pretty young. Anyway, I remember standing there, wanting her help, telling her I just couldn't do it ...  and she asked very seriously,
    Why?
    I went back to my seat and figured out why myself.

Don Balderas Jrposted 18 months ago in reply to this

And you know the answer now. Thanks Kathryn L Hill for this reply.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
        Kathryn L Hillposted 17 months ago in reply to this

You are welcome. Yes. The answer came more forcefully and strongly than if she had given me the answer. She knew I could reach into my own mind.  Well, thats what artists are good at. 
        and good teachers too.

3. centfie profile image82
    centfieposted 17 months ago

A good teacher is patient, understands the needs of each student, is ready to help when consulted by the students...but above them all has good teaching methods which ensure the class gains something

Don Balderas Jrposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks centfie. I am sure, you can figure out many faces of teachers you fell in love with what with the character and deeds they have exhibited. And your coming as a persons has somehow been influenced and shaped by good teachers whom you remember to this very day.

working