jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

The impossible has happened...

1. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago

This is really random.

I am currently at the age where I have to send off to universities to apply for the course I want to study next year.

For those of you who don't know how the English system works; we get 5 choices. I have applied to five universities in order to study English Literature and Creative Writing. I have heard from all five, and got offers from them.

This is not the strange bit...

I got some mail today from one of the universities saying I've been accepted into their Academy of Law.

Now...I'm no expert but that isn't five options, and also, I didn't apply for law...

Curious, I think you'd agree.

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image79
      Hmrjmr1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I take it hey would have access to any aptitude tests you may have taken in school, could be they see something you don't...(note my late wife had explained A levels and O levels but I work off limited knowledge here) cool

2. de'Arab profile image60
      de'Arabposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Human error , that is not that impossible.

2. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago

Well, if worst comes to worst with the writing career, at least I can put my story telling to good use and become a lawyer lol

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a good idea, always great to have a back up plan.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I think thats a good news, Keep it up, and whatever you choose as a career, writer or lawyer, dont leave HP, Good luck to you,

4. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

It is very possible somehow you got mixed up with another applicant by mistake.
    I really would not worry about it.