jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

School Etiquette

1. profile image60
    dragonrider32posted 7 years ago

Your school is a very important part of your child’s life. It is where you, as a parent, meet a lot of people who will be involved in your child’s education, everyday life and emotional stability. It is a place where you, as a person and a parent, need to be positive, enthusiastic and a team player. Not only at school, but around school. When you park on the surrounding streets or parking lots around the school to drop your child off, or walk into school with your child, be on your best behavior. Don’t park in “no parking” areas. Don’t park inappropriately by the houses surrounding the school. Don’t park on someone’s grass or flower bed. Don’t try and “get ahead” in the line of cars waiting to drop off children by cutting the line. That’s a real “no-no”. Drive at the speed limit for school time. Be courteous. Don’t get frustrated or irritated because the school rules at dropping off and picking up children don’t fit your schedule or the “way you do things”. Get used to it. Your child will be in school a long time…and you can either have the school on your side, be a team player, get involved and be positive…or have some very long years (for you and the school personnel and the other parents around you) ahead of you. Make it a point to learn the school rules and follow them. They are usually easily obtained (in either the first couple of newsletters home, in the school handbook, or through veteran parents you ask). Make the effort. Don’t complain about the school or school personnel to either your neighbors, your relatives or in front of your children. It will come back to bite you…that’s a given. The school is not going to conform to what you think it should do. The school is working on dealing with hundreds of parents and making rules and regulations to keep children safe and deal with parents in the best way possible. Don’t be angry when your school doesn’t let you take your child out of class during testing, or makes you show your ID or makes you wear a nametag or token when you go to school. Don’t bypass the office and go right to your child’s room: you put the teacher and the school in an adversarial position by your actions. Learn the rules…follow them. Make sure your child knows the rules and follows them as well. Make sure your child knows that you respect their school, their teacher and that you and the school are a team. You’ll be glad you did.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image49
      alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

are they GODS?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I think you will get more readers if you add this content to your first hub.

1. profile image60
      dragonrider32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm a bit new at this...I started this page to get people to go to my webpage...parentsschooladvice.com. Thanks for the advice...

3. drej2522 profile image87
    drej2522posted 7 years ago

Well, you can always write another related hub with this content! smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes! and with the content on his other forum posts.

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

I hate school-nazis!

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How about banjo playing nazis?? Do you hate them too? smile big_smile lol

http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/burning_music.gif

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think I'm getting a sick headache!big_smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Give the man a break, sneak-- he's not used to you yet.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes I do take some getting used to, ok, I'm sorry mines in college and I don't envy our schools or teachers except my sons fourth grade teachers husband! She was a hottie and a recent A&M grad! Meet the teacher night was all Dads!

1. profile image60
          dragonrider32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Chuckles...interesting. I'm glad to have your comments...been in education a long time...and most say I'm pretty good at it. have a great day...

5. Sab Oh profile image60
    Sab Ohposted 7 years ago

Well, that was strange...

working