jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Education For All...an elusive dream!

1. 61
    pureybabyposted 8 years ago

One of the medium term goals of the The United Nations Educational Scientific Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is "Education For All", so with the Bureau of Education and Non Government Organizations. But reality shows that there is no "Education For All', happening these days and will happen in the future. The fact is that education is too expensive these days, that no pauper can afford to send their children in formal school.The cost of studying is too high that does not meet the demands of people in the society that experiences economic crisis nowadays and in the years to come.People often blame many things about education like what is wrong with the educational system, what is wrong with the educational policies and curricula? Too many things blamed too many people at stake and yet nothing gives effort at materializing a vow or promise made that education for all will possibly make it happen.

1. mingoville profile image61
      mingovilleposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Education system varies from country to country and their are a lot of factor why education are not for all. Mainly poverty a lot of families are not sending their kids to school instead they let them work to earn money so they can have foods to eat. Another factor is corruption politicians are selfish in ways that they usually are the ones to benefit first of the help sent by concerned organizations or countries especially if such help is monetary, or they usually ask for a lot of deals before they allow such help to take action this cause delay that in the span of time will be taken forgrabted.

1. thranax profile image60
        thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well said, but Education for all is available if the person is smart enough to obtain it.

1. Louie Jerome profile image60
          Louie Jeromeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree its there if people go out and find it.

Not just find it, when I said smart enough it means they need to have these factors:

-Smart enough to seek
            -Smart enough to travel alone
            -Smart enough to have enough money to pay for it
            -Smart enough to not give up on there journey

It's not as simple as "Go find it".

2. 59
      amkiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Many think they know how to solve the education problem, and so do I (not for everybody, of course, but for a significant number of educable people);  I'm not going to discuss it yet because it's difficult, tedious, and a lot of obstacles stand in the way of implementing it:  legal, cooperation of experts in several fields, and finding an interested charity, among other things,  and finally way down at the bottom of the list, I hope to make a little money.  That's why I'm learning internet marketing.  Stay tuned; I have a long way to go.

If money isn't a factor then everyone would be educated now wouldn't they. Thats the basic answer. Bottom line.

2. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

A good goal to achieve?

(is it just me or is there a lot of accounts being made and making like 1 or 2 posts on these forums by people who don't write Hubs or anything?)